cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN not working

kevadamson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

As described in the subject. What is the solution?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi kevadamson

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Seems to be working now. Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 13

Hi kevadamson

Sorry for the delay. I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Ok, not sure they will be able to do it at 9am tomorrow, as it is a bank holiday, so the full team will not be around until Tuesday.

Message 5 of 13

OK, anytime is good ...

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

You don't need to be around, the key thing is to just leave the router switched on so that the team here can do the firmware change, and don't touch it whilst the firmware change is happening.

Message 7 of 13

Do I need to be around for you to do this? If so tomorrow 9am?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi kevadamson

I'm sorry for the delay.

When would be the best time to make a change to your router firmware?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Hi @kevadamson,

If you have been sent the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this could well be a firmware issue. The support team here won't be back until next week now, but they will respond next week to help further, if it looks like a firmware issue they will be able to push a new version of firmware to your router.

kevadamson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

I have added my phone number to my profile.

kevadamson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

I've been sent another router after being told it will fix my VPN issue. Router has arrived and it is EXACT same model as before. I've set it up and VPN still not working. My understanding is that someone needs to log in and update my firmware? ...

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi

Add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes