cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Firmware Version?

RichardVince1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Dear Debbie,

My partner has been struggling for weeks with poor Wi Fi in her bedroom at one end of her house and in her lounge at the other end. TalkTalk sent a Wi Fi free standing extender which works well but only for one side at a time depending where placed.

She requested another one but was refused and sent a Power Line extender which has nothing to do with Wi Fi.

Then sent another Router which is an identical model and version to the one installed (and mine). Encouraged to change it over but we are reluctant to mess up all sorts of stable connections including her solar inverter etc.

As far as I can establish the replacement Router is an older Firmware version (SGK4100136). Both her and my Routers are at SGK4100174 so, if this is the Firmware ID are both more up to date? If it isn’t where can the Firmware version be found?

Last night her mobile phone data had been completely depleted, only being topped up that very day. Conclusion being WiFi signal in bedroom insufficient (extender being used for her lounge) and thus data being consumed for her internet browsing as she uses her mobile phone. Thus gutted as a month ahead without any data allowance.

P.S. I cannot see how to post as a Private Message as requested thus contact details deleted.

RVG
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Richard

ferguson is correct, 174 is the latest FW version.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

The latest firmware version ends 174. 

RichardVince1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Would you please confirm what the latest Firmware Version should be please. Thank you.

Overtaken by events as another WiFi booster has been sent so now covering the other side of the house, which was the issue all along. Thus will be sending identical replacement Router back.

However one of the Power Line plugs sent has now failed, overcome by using one we had already which seems compatible with the other one which is still working.

With kind regards

Richard

RVG
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi RichardVince1

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi RichardVince1

Is the replacement router connected at the moment?

The router firmware version is showing 174.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi RichardVince1

Thanks for creating a new topic.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number (one in question) to your Community Profile.

Debbie

0 Likes