cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Wifi Dropping After Time

Archy101
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

We recently got the hub router around a year ago and all has been fine with it up until around 2 weeks ago.

We are consistently finding that the wifi signal has begun to drop out for certain wireless devices after a day or two. Any device on a wired connection has no issue. For the wireless this is two devices:

Samsung Galaxy S10+ phone. The wifi drops out but going to settings and tapping on the wifi reconnects the phone.

Lenovo tablet. This will not reconnect to the wifi despite the signal being there (it simply states a connection error) and only a powering the router off and on will fix the problem. The tablet will then reconnect.

This fixes the issue for maybe a day or two then the same thing happens again. Is there anything we can do to try to remedy this without having to turn the router off/on every other day?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Archy,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting it back up again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Archy101
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi, I have updated that as requested.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes