cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom Locking out Ethernet PC, causing reboot of Router

PeterM7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Periodically, every few days, My Ethernet connected PC will not connect to the router. This has also occurred with the other Ethernet connected device. All the Wifi connected devices are OK. The Firmware version is SG4K10002816t and |I understand that there is an update. Please can I have it to see if it sorts this problem.

Thanks,

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

PeterM7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi debbie, I understand that the Ethernet ports on the 633 are only up to 100MBps, so please can you send me a new router.

Thanks,

Peter M.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi PeterM7

The Huawei WIFI hub is a newer router, would you like me to send this?

Alternatively you can use your HG633 router if you prefer.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

PeterM7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Michelle. I have a Huawei HG633 Hardware version H.1.01 from before I changed my contract. I also have a D-Link DSL3782 and a D-Link 3780 from Talktalk.  No Idea what firmware versions on any of them. Do you suggest that I replace my Sagemcom with one of these and if so, which one?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. As advised, the firmware rollout has been paused at the moment by our Products Team. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub instead? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

That firmware update is on hold due to a small problem that is being investigated in it. There is nothing firmware related in V2816 that could cause this, but a few routers have recently had Ethernet problems. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and see if they think that the right thing to do is to swap your router out for another Sagemcom or not.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes