cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow speed/engineer no show

christographer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

Was meant to have engineer attend on 6th Jan between 8am and 2pm to install new broadband, it's now 7pm on the 7th and no one has turned up, I haven't received any communication, so set up the equipment myself (just plug it into the BT fibre thing on the wall right?) 

Signed up for 500mbps fibre but only getting maximum 95mbps, and that's with a wired connection. Even the eero router shows download speed of 94mbps, so the issue is not with wifi/ethernet cables etc. Am I supposed to still be waiting for an engineer to visit

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Wired connection direct to ONT is 565mbps.

Wired connection via eero is 95mbps.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi christographer,

The order appears to be complete, could you connect a device directly to the ONT with and Ethernet cable and check the speed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28
  • I already had an ONT box as I was previously with BT. I've now added my FTTP number to my profile.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Has the ONT box been installed? Do you have a FTTP order number? Can you add this to your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Not yet, they were closed over the weekend. The "appointment was missed" notification has disappeared from my account now, and I've received an email saying my fibre has gone live, but there's still an active fault which is causing the slow speeds, not sure how long they take to fix.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 28

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Did you manage to get in touch with our Live Chat Team since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 28

Contact Chat, @christographer.

Use the blue button on this page. Opening hours are listed near the bottom. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Staff are not back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes