cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow speed/engineer no show

christographer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

Was meant to have engineer attend on 6th Jan between 8am and 2pm to install new broadband, it's now 7pm on the 7th and no one has turned up, I haven't received any communication, so set up the equipment myself (just plug it into the BT fibre thing on the wall right?) 

Signed up for 500mbps fibre but only getting maximum 95mbps, and that's with a wired connection. Even the eero router shows download speed of 94mbps, so the issue is not with wifi/ethernet cables etc. Am I supposed to still be waiting for an engineer to visit

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've removed the personal information from your post. Please do not post any personal information on the Community. If you would like us to look into the speed issue/missing engineer then please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you. In regards to cancelling, we can't process this via the Community so can only recommend that you contact our Customer Loyalty Team directly who will be able to assist.

Thanks

0 Likes

TORCH51#
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 2 of 28

Second time engineer has not appeared no communication to tell me what the problem is so I would like to cancel please give me address were to send were box back

REMOVED

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the eero app? How many eeros do you have?

Thanks

0 Likes

christographer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 28

There's only 1 wall between the router and the devices, the living room is next to the hallway, where the eero is, doesn't seem to be a speed issue. Also noticed the doorbell camera keeps disconnecting too, and then sending all notifications when it reconnects. News apps keep stopping loading images, just shows a spinning wheel. Ebay seems to only load a few results and then shows a loading icon for a while. Also keep seeing the WiFi icon on my phone switch to 4G for a minute or two and then switch back to WiFi.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

No they shouldn't need to be in the same room, I was just wondering if the disconnection could be caused by the devices being too far away from the Eero. Does connection stability seem to vary depending how far the device is from the router and/or how many wall/floors are between the device and the Eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

They are not in the same room, the ONT is in the hallway. Does the WiFi only work when devices are in the same room as the modem?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi christographer,

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems. Do the devices disconnect even when in the same room as the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 28

Staff are not on here before Monday, @christographer.

I'll flag this thread up for their attention again. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

christographer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 28

Ok I'm still having issues. Devices keep disconnecting, xbox disconnects, Roku disconnects, smart devices disconnect, Roku and Xbox can't even connect to WiFi because my router isn't even showing in available network connections. Network connection tests via talktalk website keeps showing fault since day 1, and it has been 20 days of this 💩.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28
0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

It seems to have stabilised at 516Mbps now. Thanks for your time and advice.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Do you have a number of devices connected to the eero? Just wondering if other devices could be using bandwidth when you run the test

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Via the eero. Wired connection directly into the ONT is over 500mbps, but around 300mbps via eero, the speed on the eero app is also showing 328mbps.

Screenshot_20230109_122535.png
0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Is that via the Eero or directly to ONT?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Restarted them. Wired connection now saying 309mbps and wireless 182mbps, is that normal for 500mbps speeds?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

No, I don't think it's anything to do with the open fault, everything looks OK from our end and the fact that you're getting full speed at the ONT confirms this. Could you switch the ONT and eero off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Yes.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Are you using the same cable when connecting to the eero and ONT?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

WiFi speed is around 85mbps. Could it be caused by the active fault?

Screenshot_20230109_112611.png
0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Do you get similar speeds connected to the eero by wifi?

0 Likes