cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

So, the internet goes off after midnight, whats that all about?

Message 4 of 4

It has been going on for a while but this past week has been most inconvenient.

We all know how much of our lives depend upon having an internet connection, why is it being turned off at about 20 past midnight?  it is usually back on again by the time I get up in themorning but this is not the point.

The internet is an essential utility and I would like to know why it is being turned off for a few hours every night.    12.30 is not the middle of the night for me, Im usually half way through a podcast. 

I have read snipets of information concerning this common issue, and before posting on here I checked my settings, no homework or kids or anything like that.   If I want to stream my rubbishy Paramount plus at 2am because I cant sleep I should be able to do so.   Please advice on how to fix this vexing issue thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Hi @Keengardener7 

The CS is just part of Sagemcom's address in France, however, that is good enough. You either have the Sagemcom FAST5364 or 5464.

Please can you log into the router & go the logs:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

Please do not try & filter them out. Then find any log entries for when it goes down & paste them into your reply.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Morning,   I have a Sagemcom C5.  thank you for answering.  In a Bizarre twist, I was abe to stream lastnight from around midnight to 2.30 this morning without a break!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Which make/model of router do you have?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes