cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Suddenly unable to print wirelessly - Print Error Report says it is MAC Address Filtering

AndyS3
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have never had any problems connecting my printer wirelessly to the network. This suddenly stopped working and a print error report tells me it is down to MAC address filtering on the router. I tested the printer on my friends network no problem so have eliminated the printer as being at fault. I have not touched any router settings so i suspect a firmware upgrade may be the culprit ? Very frustrating if that is the case. How do I proceed ?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Hi @AndyS3 

In addition to my previous questions, what make/model of printer is it? 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 11

Hi Andy

KeithFrench provides really good advice and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

No worries @Debbie-TalkTalk always glad to help. This one does sound a bit strange.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

Hi @AndyS3 

To check this, please log into your router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > MAC Filter

There should not be any MAC address filters set, you should see something like this:-

Default - no filters setDefault - no filters set

Then repeat for the 5GHz band.

Failing this, please can you copy & paste the router's log for the time period when you try to print? To preserve your privacy, please PM it to me. The log can be found at:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Andy

Thanks for confirming.

Did you previously have to split the SSID's on the router to connect to your printer?

My printer at home will only connect on 2.4ghz.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Debbie it is Sagencom FAST5364.3.T8

Regards

Andy

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi AndyS3

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

First off it is essential to know which make/model of router you have & what firmware is it running. 

Keith

0 Likes