cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Totally unacceptable Speeds on not one but TWO ACCOUNTS!!

Very_slow_TTalk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 97 of 97

I have been with TT for years and overall the experience has been quite good.

However, my opinion is drastically changing...

I have the fibre 65 service and was getting about 50-60Mbps but over the last couple of weeks the speed has dropped (or been dropped!) to a pathetic and virtually unusable 6Mbps.

Now I have all the aggravation and time it takes to call TT, to be more than likely told "its my equipment..". I can resolutely guarantee it will not be my equipment / setup, as I am a proper geek and IT Hardware Engineer for the last 35 years, as well as being a Programmer also and like to think I know what I am doing by now! (🤔sarcasm).

As if this is not bad enough, my Mother also has TT Fibre 65, That has been running at between 5-10Mbps for the last 2 years! I rarely go there as it is over 100 miles away and never got round to complaining as it was alot of trouble to drive there and back, so I have left it. However nowdays she streams video and so it has become unuseable, so it looks like I will have to drive 100 miles+, so she can call them and will need me there as she is very elderly and totally untech savvy and will need me present whilst she makes the call

Very disappointed in TT and am considering leaving, no idea why my speed has been drastically been dropped and why they have only provided my elderly Mother with a service that runs at about 8Mbps when it should be 60Mbps ! I think they know she is elderly and very untech savvy and have taken advantage.

Before anyone says 'its your internal wiring, equipment/  extension leads etc', its NOT, that is taken DIRECT from the Input socket on the wall from TT without any extra extensions/ leads etc!

Just wondering if other customers have also had bad experiences such as mine and my Mothers?

Cat lover and slave of x2 Ocicats
0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96

Message 21 of 97

As already explained, my own Internet service has 'mysteriously' stopped working right at the time expressed my extreme dissatisfaction at what my Mother and I have had to endure, incurring this crooked Engineers charge.Yes, the charge has now been correctly removed but my own Internet has mysteriously stopped working, right at the time I posted my last message,  now that seems a funny coincidence (not). Still not working and the dissatisfaction is increasing by the minute. I am losing work and money over this, not having a connection and will claim for this if it is not resolved soon.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 97

Hi Very_slow_TTalk,

I've run a line test on your connection and it's picking up a potential problems, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 97

OK, I can see that your other issue about the engineer charge has been resolved. Are you suggesting that this has had an impact on your  broadband connection? Otherwise, as @Gliwmaeden2 has said, please clarify which account you mean and wait for the support team to look into this further. Without incurring any solicitor fees. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 97

Hi, no this is nothing about my speed, this is about my Internet 'mysteriously' not working, exactly after posting my angry dissatisfaction at being falsely charged and lied to. It still is not working and as I said in last post, I will now be meeting with my Solicitor to discuss this shocking performance and the treatment both myself and my elderly Mother have had to endure.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 97

@Very_slow_TTalk, staff won't have seen your most recent post on here, as they work daytime till about 5pm.

I'll re-escalate this thread for them to follow up asap tomorrow. 

Let us know if the speed improves. 

And just to clarify: this is your speeds that are poor this evening, not your mother's?

Just so that they are checking the right service!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 26 of 97

Please see this same thread that was moved to billing. Not sure what you guys are playing at but it better stop else I will take legal action.Since I posted reply in the Billing thread, (what badly needed saying after this crap show,) my Internet 'mysteriously' stopped working, now isn't that a coincidence!? If it is not working by this evening, will call my Solicitor and start legal action over this whole matter and incident.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 97
0 Likes

Very_slow_TTalk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 28 of 97

Engineer appointment all arranged, will post update after the visit.

Thanks to all for the help and assistance, is much appreciated.

😻

Message 29 of 97

Hi,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Message 30 of 97

Thankyou Debbie, she has setup the Telephone password now.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 97

Hi

Thank you. I will then send you a Private Message to confirm some details, we can then go ahead and arrange the engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 32 of 97

Thats okay Debbie, I can tell her how to set up the T-Password, not a problem, or she may already have one, will call her and check. 😊

0 Likes

Message 33 of 97

Hi

I'm really sorry, we only provide online support on the Community so we would be unable to call.

You could ask the account holder to set up a telephone password and then we can confirm details with yourself on the community.

Setting up your telephone password

0 Likes

Message 34 of 97

Thankyou very much.

Don't think my Mother(the Account holder) has a telephone password setup, but you can call her to confirm and then arrange an engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 35 of 97

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

I will need to confirm details with the account holder but if they have set up a telephone password in My Account then I can also confirm details with a non account holder and arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks again.

Message 36 of 97

Normally the router is switched on all the time, its just been downstairs(and switched off) since Saturday, as I moved it down there so it could be plugged directly into the master socket(test port) by the front door, where the cable comes in directly off the street. So yes, normally it is on all the time but its only been since Saturday that I have moved it downstairs that it has been switched off most of the time.

I just called my Mother and she has switched the router on now. How long do you want it switched on for?

Yes, my blonde Ocicat rather strangely has very fine silky hair, usually Ocicats have a coarser hair. The Orange one has fine course hair. I try to brush them alot as I worry about them getting the blonde ones fine hair in their stomachs when they wash themselves and each other. Have heard of cats getting furballs and it sounds nasty having to unclog the poor devils guts in an expensive Vets surgery. Mine love being brushed.

Message 37 of 97

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we do advise to leave the router switched on all the time. If the router is switched off and on then DLM will be unable to monitor the connection properly. DLM manages the connection and adjusts the profile to get the best balance between speed and stability.

If DLM detects re connections (router being switched off and on then it will change the profile to lower the speed and try and stabilise the connection)

Please can you let me know once the router is back on so I can check the sync speed again?

*Cat chat* Your cats are really lovely 🙂 Lola's long hair is hard to manage tbh, we have to try and cut her hair ourselves because the cat groomers refuse to do her because she scratches them 😞  She's not looking great at the min as we've done out first trim and I'm no expert lol 🙂

0 Likes

Message 38 of 97

Good morning Debbie,

thanks for helping. Yes the router is switched off overnight. It only is put on occasionally, when my mother briefly checks and replies to her emails.

Does it (the router) need to be on? If it needs to be on at a certain time, then can arrange a time for it to be on and I will call my Mum to put it on. Reason its not left on all the time is that we have to run an extension cable to it and with the dogs roaming about we unplug the extension cable when its not in use.

Hahah- yes your cat, it sort of looked to have a very serious expression! Its a beautiful looking cat though.

I have never had long haired Cat, mainly I have had  eastern type cats, Siamese, Burmese and now Ocicats, (which are in fact a Siamese crossed with an Abyssinian cat).

😺

Message 39 of 97

Hi

Thanks for the photos, your cats are beautiful 🙂 Mine is a domestic long hair, she V moody but V cute 🙂 

In regards to the speeds, thanks for connecting the router at the test socket,  the line test is detecting the same fault.

Is the router switched off overnight?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 97

Yes, I agree Master, I do possess an astounding lack of Technical knowledge and to be fair, I am a bit of a blagger.

Its amazing I have got through 35 years without being tumbled!

Maybe you though are onto me and you are finally unravelling my web of deception and deceit? 😋

0 Likes