cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unreliable Wifi / Router

CharlieMDay
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi, the Wifi/Router is extremely unreliable and will often drop 2 or 3 times a day completely and have to wait 10 minutes for it to reboot. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working from home and on meetings with clients. It's hard to get any support from TalkTalk really (the chat seems to have disappeared from your website) and I'm struggling to come up with a reason why I don't switch to 5G for £24 / month from Vodafone or something similar other than I'm locked into a contract.

It's to the point that I can no longer reliably work from home.  

Charlie
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning @CharlieMDay 

I've checked the connection stats again this morning and the line is showing in sync and connected for just under 2 days (no reconnections showing)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi @CharlieMDay 

I've checked the connection stats this morning and the connection and SNR have remained stable since the changes I made yesterday.

How was the connection for you last night?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi CharlieMDay

Thanks again. I will check in again with you tomorrow after I've checked the connection stats.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Sure, thanks - I will monitor this over the next 24 hours

Charlie

Message 5 of 8

Hi CharlieMDay

Thank you 🙂

I've completed a line test and this is clear - No faults detected.

I can see re connections on the line and the SNR is dropping low, this can affect the stability of the connection.

I've optimised your connection and the SNR has now increased. Please can you monitor this over the next 24hrs and let me know how the connection compares?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Sure, I've updated my Community Profile

Charlie

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi CharlieMDay

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes