cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Not Working since 8th Dec 2021

SagarSohan
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Dear Support Team

Please acknowledge that I could not connect to my work VPN through Sagecom 5364 Router since 8th December 2021. This stopped me from working efficiently which also did affect the company performance massively. Please see the link below addressing this problem;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7XGKauhfXk

I believe this has happened as the result of latest firmware update on the router and that firmware might have a bug.

Henceforth, THIS NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT URGENTLY!

Looking forward to the immediate response from the team.

Regards

Sagar

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Sagar

We advise to allow 24-48hrs for the router to arrive.

Please let us know if you haven't received this by Friday.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Karl

Please could you update me on whether the router is right now as it is more than 24hrs since you sent it out?

Looking forward to your immediate response.

Regards

Sagar

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Ferguson

I raised this issue over the telephone in December and the front line people were very unsupportive by saying as long as the internet works that's what matters. This kept me going round the circles with my employer's IT person for weeks.

Also, they send us another router of the same model in early December which did not help at all. The most helpful time with regards to this started when i saw the youtube video. From there, I raised the issue.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi

The Huawei Hub is a solid router and should arrive in 24 - 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Karl

Please could you let me know when the Huawei Model Hub router will arrive. Also, in terms of internet speed, how good is it?

Looking forward to hear from you

Regards

Sagar

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi

The current model you are using, the Sagemcom Hub, we have identified an issue with the later firmware that in some cases is affecting VPN connections. Specifically when using windows own VPN.

I've a Huawei model hub on the way to you and we have no reported issues with this model affecting VPN connections.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Karl

Could you please elaborate on the model of the Hub on the way for me? 

Could you also please tell me what is the issue with my current router?

Looking forward to your response.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi

Thanks for adding the details. I've a different model Hub on the way to you that should resolve the VPN issue for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Karl

I have added the account holders name onto the private notes section. I am a tenant in the account holder's house working from home.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi SagarSohan

Can you double check the phone number on your 'Community Profile' is correct as this is showing an account in another name.

Can you add the account holders name in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' .

Also, if unsure about the phone number, simply dial 17070 from your home phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Which firmware version do you have? Why did you wait so long before raising this?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi Gliwmaeden

I have added my landline number to my account now.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

@SagarSohan, your post is in the queue for attention, but staff can't help without being able to identify your account. 

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Please look out for a response from staff when they reach your thread in the workflow. There is a little backlog after the holiday.

The Ts&Cs for residential services can be found linked at the foot of any TT page. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes