cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WIFI OPTIMISATION

Chris1012
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

I recently switched to Talktalk broadband and I'm having issues with WIFI optimisation and channel hopping causing certain devices to disconnect from the WIFI network. From reading these pages I understand that a Talktalk employee can disable this feature on my router? Please can this be actioned?

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 41 of 49

Hi Chris,

The issue has happened again this evening (18 April) at around 7pm. Checking the router log there are several entries for 'WiFi security settings have been successfully saved' at around 7pm, followed by devices disconnecting and reconnecting - none of these 'security settings' were instigated by me! I've looked through the community pages and there are several reports of this happening (two linked below), together with devices (printers) being unreachable. I see that in at least one of these cases you were involved. The solution in both of these cases seems to have been to disable the wifi optimisation, but you say this is not possible? Please could you investigate further since this seems to be a documented issue that causes devices to become unreachable on the network.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Wifi-security-settings-have-been-successfully-saved-droppi...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/WiFi-security-settings-messages-and-devices-offline/td...

0 Likes

Message 42 of 49
0 Likes

Message 43 of 49

It happened a couple of times over the past week, but I couldn't give you dates and times. When it happens again I'll note the date/time and add to this post.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 49

Ok, thanks. If you could give a couple of dates and times when you experience the problem we could ask our Product team to take a look to see if there's anything that could be causing the problem

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 49

Everything else appears to be fine, it's just the 3D printer that I can't connect to some of the time. I'm sure setting and fixing the wifi channel number would help, but if this is not possible in the router then a restart of the printer solves the issue.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 49

OK thanks, do your other device appear to be OK, is it just the 3D printer that you're experiencing problems with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 49

Hi Chris,

The device is only a few feet away from the router. I had a similar issue with my previous ISP/router (SKY) and it was partly solved by setting the channel number in the router (it would still disconnect, but not as often). It's not a big issue since the device (a 3D printer) isn't used everyday and a restart makes it connect again to the wifi.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 48 of 49

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, we are unable to disable wifi optimisation at the moment. Approximately how far are the device experiencing the disconnections, from the router?

Chris

0 Likes