cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi-Fi Hub - Cannot Turn The 5 GHz Band Back On

R2223
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I temporarily switched the 5 GHz Wi-Fi band off on my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub (Sagemcom Fast 5364) and now when I go to turn it back on the menu shows the switch is ON but it still shows as disabled. Toggling it multiple times and rebooting the router did not help.

Wi-FiWi-Fi

I did check if it’s just the screen that’s wrong (a glitch) but no, it really is disabled. None of my devices can detect that a 5 GHz network is present.

Also when navigating through the menus in the router I constantly get logged out (taken back to the login screen) whenever I click something. It’s totally random and not consistent.

I have not experienced these two issues before. My Hub recently self updated to the latest firmware (SG4K100174) and I think there maybe some bugs in it. Could TalkTalk look into this for me and advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Good morning,

Just to advise, this has been fed back to our Devices Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Don't these firmware 'experts' actually test their drivers/wares before actually releasing them to the general public?!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

I reported this bug back in V158 and since confirmed it still exists in V174, along with any other bugs that I know about, within a few days of testing this release. I passed this over to the devices team via my contact @Karl-TalkTalk 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

R2223
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

As long as the devices team are aware of this Wi-Fi band bug (which differs from the logout bug they already know about) then I will just wait till they issue a new firmware to get the 5Ghz band working again. 

Could an OCE please confirm that they have received this report, thanks.

0 Likes

R2223
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

I managed to get into the menu but no, however I toggle 5 GHz on and off the status doesn’t change from DOWN.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Hi @R2223 

There is a bug in both V158 & V174, where if you disable either one or both Wi-Fi bands, they will not work correctly when re-enabled. The only current workaround is to perform a factory reset of the router's configuration.

I have advised TalkTalk of this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Sidious
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Just a quick thought/question:-

I know you've suffered the router logging-out issue, but have you tried clicking on the "manage advanced settings" button (as seen in your screenshot), then "continue" when it asks if you want to proceed, it should then bring up a sub-menu with "Wifi 5GHz" on the right (it is on mine anyhow), on the top right of that sub-menu is a blue "cog" icon, click that blue cog and it should bring up a page "Wi-Fi 5GHz", followed by "Basic", "Wi-Fi", "Mesh", "WPS", "Advanced", and "MAC Filter" - but it should 'land' on Basic when the cog is clicked.

On that page, when my 5GHz is off, I get:-

Basic

Enable 5 GHz Wireless
 OFF

Status
DOWN.

I'm just wondering if you could get to that menu and see if "Enable 5GHz wireless" is showing "OFF" or not. Even if it is showing "ON", maybe toggle it OFF for a bit, then toggle back to see if that wakes up your 5GHz. 

Of course, you may have already tried this and found it doesn't work! Really annoying when settings are ignored on routers, peripherals etc.
0 Likes

R2223
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

As long as the team overseeing the firmware are made aware of this Wi-Fi toggle issue then I don’t mind waiting for it to be resolved. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

If this is caused by a firmware bug etc, then this would be resolved in a future firmware update,  To resolve now, if a reset did not work, we would supply another router, but this would need to be configured.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

R2223
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Thank you for the reply.

I would prefer not to factory reset the router as I would have to reconfigure all my devices, reassign DHCP’s etc and have the Wi-Fi optimisation (auto channel changing) switched off again. It’s just not practical at this time as it’s been all setup for years.

Could the TalkTalk devices team see if this is replicable at their end? I just read this thread below which identifies my other issue (being constantly logged out) as a bug in the new firmware. I believe that this 5 GHz band toggle issue may also be a bug.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Sagemcom-Fast-5364-can-no-longer-access-Advanced-Setti...

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi

Try a factory reset of the router and see if this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes