cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

firmware update wifi hub

zephyrX1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I think my router needs a firmware update as its still on v1.05t and its constantly recently restarting on its own with no clear reason as to why, i have tried restarting it to no avail. Ive unplugged it and plugged it back in yet it keeps restarting on its own and ive ran a service check and says that there is no issue and my connection is fine. I cant really pinpoint a reason as to why this could be happening but i think upgrading the firmware could be a good try.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi zephyrX1

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi zephyrX1

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

It could also be that the connection is unstable, which would give the same light sequence. Please can you try moving the router and if needs be a phone to the test socket behind the master socket's removable faceplate (if you have that design). Then connect them to it via a new or known good microfilter? Let me know the results.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 8

I’m pretty confident it’s restarting on its own, it will completely cut not slow down or anything it just cuts then the light is flashing orange as soon as it cuts and eventually goes back to solid white. I play games so I’m using Ethernet and it affects this too and I am not restarting it myself as i am usually in the middle of a game whenever this happens so I literally physically cannot restart it with my body I’ve narrowed it down to most likely being due to the fact there’s an open part infront of my house which has internet cables in it; I’m assuming it was being worked on and left but it’s been left open for weeks and due to the recent heavy rain it might be affecting the internet to my house 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

OK, let's take this back a step:-

• Is it really restarting on its own then (there should be entries in the log) & how do you know that it is? What does the light do at this time?
  • Alternatively, is your internet connection just slowing up and you restarting the router itself brings things back to life?
  • If the latter is the case, does it only affect Wi-Fi connected devices or Ethernet (if you have any) ones as wel?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Ive checked that and im not even seeing anything whenever it restarts, it doesnt even pop up in the user logs or the debug logs. All it shows is whenever ive restarted it however i can clearly see it restarting itself as the light goes orange and then proceeds to flash white and orange then white solid when it goes back on. Im assuming this means it is restarting itself

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you look in the user log are there entries along the lines of:-

kernel panic

If so, it needs upgrading to V1.06.

Keith

0 Likes