cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

slow speeds and showing only agreed contract of 14 meg I signed up to the minum of 16 meg

Warlock
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 64

Since I joined I have had nothing but problems my original contract states clearly that lowest speed would be 16 meg not 12 add constant drop-outs and poor speeds constantly having to reset router.

IT IS NOT MY side nor my equipment that has been ruled out by your own talk talk engineer and BT engineer both have stated its exchange side or talk talks side that need to sort this

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 21 of 64

Yes sir DSL Area

0 Likes

Message 22 of 64

Do both however what SAGEM router and still ignoring DSL area and contract changed to show 16-22 by phone and that 3 engineers have stated issue is exterior to property charges as issues were found externally every time will be waived sick of the roundabout way you are dealing with this I am only doing this to comply with my current complaint to Ofcom and CISAS (Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme) no charges will be levied at myself as the error is not my side

0 Likes

Message 23 of 64

Hi Warlock,

I'm sorry but as previously stated, we can only send you a Sagemcom router. We can also only arrange an engineer visit if you confirm that you accept potential engineer charges. If a fault is found on the line then you won't be charged 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 64

There is nothing wrong with my router not at my property engineers all 3 your own and BT have stated clear;y the issue is exterior to my property sagem routers as I am far to aware are just not good also show you give two super routers, and thusly I would prefer a NON SAGEM rotuer you must have other choices for customers furthermore  any engineer visit will not be paid for at all or charged to me as 3 already have been and stated ISSUE NOT AT PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT a BAD SNR is not my side

0 Likes

Message 25 of 64

I am in a DSL area mate thanks for at least saying not part of talktalk but sagem routers I have had prior problems with, and I can't set anything also I couldn't game with it at my old property I am guessing most folks don't go in and set what channel power band ect like myself all things you can't do on thaat router plus proven to slow your speeds down

0 Likes

Message 26 of 64

Morning,

At the moment the only options we have are to send a replacement router. There are no security risks with the routers we send. We can only send the Sagemcom router as we no longer supply the Huawei router. The next option is to send an Openreach engineer visit to the property. If you'd like us to arrange this then please provide some availability and confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and we can arrange the next available visit for you. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 64

I don't work for TalkTalk, I'm just a customer like yourself trying to point you in the right direction. You are on a DSL service already? 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 64

2nd person who works at talk talk to say saleroom routers are great, clearly you don't read your own forums as I have and also don't use facebook I have stated the acceptable router to test with as I consider sagemcom can be proven to be slower and a huge security risk as an IT engineer over 28 years knows as does ofcom and my digital wellbeing team and advice scot have stated it's the customers choice as to what hardware is offered you do have an alternative router which is another huwiee as stated any attempt to send a device that I can easily hack rewrite firmware and talk talk directly from shell to SSH within said router = it's a total security risk..

Engineers HAVE been to my property already 1 talktalk engineer 2 bt open reach engineers you tried charging 2 times I got charge waved father engineers will BE AT NO COST PERIOD YOU WILL MOVE ME TO DSL LINE POST HASTE or I will terminate with zero charges and take a contract with companies who A) offer better line speeds as stated BT being one of them b) Give full DSL speeds with my DSL enabled area. I have been advised IT my tright to say no to know hardware I myself know and has tested to be dreadful you cant port fwd or vpn known issues.

as stated on said router, you may not set power output channel band at all on all others you may so again attemsts to try and say or use test will be a breach of contract period this is an end to the sagemcom router discussion period

0 Likes

Message 29 of 64

@Warlock 

The support team have offered you a replacement router to test with.  I don't know what you have been reading about the Sagemcom Hub, but I have used it myself and it works just fine. This will be sent at no cost to yourself and must be worth a try.

If after that your sync speed still falls short then TalkTalk can arrange an Openreach visit, but as they have said you must accept potential charges for this. These will only arise in the event that there is not an internal problem at your end, any external issues on the Openreach network impeding your service will not be chargeable.

Cisas will expect you to have exhausted all possible efforts to fix your issue before considering your case, you still have a number of options available, I suggest you take them. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 64

Dear Thomas Cairney,

Thank you for contacting us. 

Here is the link for the CISAS:

CISAS (Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme);
Web: https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/, Tel: 0207 520 3814

Here is the number for our Energy Advice team: 0808 196 8660

Here is the number for our Advice Direct Scotland team: 0808 800 9060

Should you require anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us again, quoting reference number 00793808

Thank you for using our consumer advice. Scot service.

consumeradvice.scot is the online trading identity of Advice Direct Scotland Ltd.

IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE PLEASE PRESS'REPLY' AS THIS WILL AUTOMATICALLY LINK YOUR RESPONSE WITH YOUR ORIGINAL CASE. THIS IMPROVES THE SERVICE WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER AND REDUCES YOUR WAIT TIME. THANK YOU.

Engineers will be at zero cost(to myself) farther delays and NO DSL speeds or constant speeds as you can see I am in touch with advice centres now, and you have them plus my digital wellbeing team watching this case now you are now duty bound to repair as stated 3 engineers have been to my property one talk talk engineer and two BT open reach engineers who stated issue is external to property

0 Likes

Message 31 of 64

Hi Warlock

Ok, I can arrange an Openreach engineer visit for you.

Please can you confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Engineer charges

In regards to potential charges, if the engineer finds that the router is faulty then charges can be applied as we have advised to test with a different router at the test socket (and have offered to send a router for you) ,

We no longer send out Huawei WIFI hubs so we have to send a Sagemcom router.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 64

In short no I want you to resolve my speeds once again directly from BT the issue is not at my property nor my device

Also, Directly from BT themselves stating £27.99 PMC @ speeds of 35-40 meg or £30.99 for 55-80 meg equalling that I am indeed in a fibre DSL area so you will move my line to that post-haste any attempt to call will be flat out ignored as stated I want to discuss the matter within the forum here thusly having a paper trail to give to my digital wellbeing team and ofcom.

ONce again your sagemcom routers on your own forum pages display customers are dissatisfied with them the inability to set power output and channels and what band are NOT available on this router VPN also does not work also and to top it off constantly disconnects now my router logs clearly show that the disconnects are being done BY talk talk at the exchange side this has been causing many issues to my connection also it's still not stable again 3 count them 3 engineers stated the issue is not at my property

the only router acceptable is my current-supported router which was offered or the other router you supply this being the hwuiee one Huawei DG8041W which is an acceptable test router otherwise any attempt to replace my router with a sagemcom one will be returned directly I will also consider this a breach of contract alongside line drops constant speed problems since fitting the new line to the property if this is not dealt with the issue shall be taken to manager level and ofcom and again my local authority digital wellbeing team who also know these routers are sent back they themself also tested them and found them to be lacking as I have described

0 Likes

Message 33 of 64

Hi Warlock

Would you like me to escalate this fault to our Faults Team and arrange for one of the team to call you to discuss this fault?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 64

@W4RP1G25, the practice of having two lines has become increasingly common in the UK, particularly since the time of the pandemic, with more people working from home. 

It was actively promoted as an option at the time. 

Nothing whatsoever to do with cyber crime etc!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 35 of 64

I'm sorry but if you live in the UK and have two lines in your household, then Cyber Crime Squad of the Major Crime Squad would be investigating you for suspected criminal activity due to the fact that it is usually one line per house hold and an extension of the one line. I can pull up that the fact the Sagemcom f@st 5364 routers are absolutely rubbish and I can pull up page after page after page for this own forum of existing customer complaining that they are not only slowing down internet speed,  denial of access and on top of that I also can pull up on the Sagemcom website that they are business routers. I am CompTIA certified with 21 years of experience and know exactly what I am on about and have issues with yous in the past ware my router was showing that you were turning my internet off and on and the router logs have shown that. I have even had to go and try and fix your Amazon eedoro routers for my partner and family who are still existing customers with you (not for long as they are looking to switch to a new ISP) with the same disconnect issue and showing from the logs on the router that you are turning it off then back on. No wounder existing customers are migrating to other ISP's. And I am an ex customer that had the Talktalk Wifi Hub Black (Huawei DG8041W). I also would like to point out according to your own website that the choice of the replacement router is up to the customer and not what you are forcing upon them and goes against UK Consumer Rights and I can provide all the links of customer complaints that I have seen and stated about above in this reply. Yes I know I still have my own axe to grind with you due to a lot of separate issues but unfortunately I have had to jump in as you are well in breach of Uk consumer law.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 64

That must be great to have two of them that work within whatever area you're in however I have tested and used these routers and sent them back due to keep in mind has worked for dell, hp , ibm technical support and hardware support for years we and these companies refuse to use said routers at my old property I was sent one of these as I at the time had gone from dial up adsl not adsl +2.0 to dsl

this router came I tested it unfortunately it let me set nothing including power outputs what channel signal strength and failed under pentesting also apon connecting it and letting the line go live

this router lost me 30 meg instantly so chris I call you out on the routers as an degree level engineer who has 18+ years with companys building repairing and maintaining all aspects of hardware and software I stand by the fatc that millions of your customers see offcom complaints and facebook has a site where pepole try their best to give these routers away as they are dire my local land fill electrical parts has an estimated 6,600 of them sat wating to go to a recycling plant so I will not accept this total piece of dreadful french engineering

case and point I have already been offerd by agents at talktalk that a like for like router would be supplied so that is excalty whats going to happen

additionally  your constantly ignoring the 1 talktalk engineer whos been out to my property and 2 BT staff sent by you also stating the issue is not at my property HOWEVER IS BETWEEN MY HOME AND THE EXCHANGE you also keep doging your staff have been force closing the line my router is doing it's job by stopping you and force reconnecting since whatever your last agent did my speeds have been zero or near to this is NOT MY ROUTER that is you capping and speed restricting my line.#

I have been in touch with relvent agents within my local council who are now taking a keen legal interest in this matter as they are stating you must replace like with like as customer can prove SAGEM routers and mutable intantese of said routers being returned by millions or UK residents and Ireland to a point where charges are being levelled at your company meanwhile Ofcom are levelling charges at your company for poor hardware poor customer service poor line speeds within digital areas this will take time and legal preceding meanwhile again I am being offered lines from other competitors that are far exceeding my phone call agreed speeds of 16 -22 meg not the reflected 12-16

also my original contract was a minimum of 16 was agreed in chat with agents since I have not received even close to that = a breach of contract and services rendered your remit is repair the damage to the line as bt has stated flat out is the issue also fix whatever last agent did as since then my connect speed is even lower than the 22 I ahd and I have screenshots of my highest and lowest speeds as I do logs showing forced line drops from talktalk to my digital exchange now chew on that your offer of that SAGEM ROUTER Wis now deemed a non fix or answer

0 Likes

Message 37 of 64

I have two lines, and use a Sagemcom router on each, I've used them for a number of years and have had no issues. Many thousands of customers are also using the router with no issues. We just need you to test with the router to see the issue persists, if it does then you can continue to use the hG633 and send the Sagemcom back

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 64

NO Inherently bad router only replacement accepted is as stated I will never touch one EVER And will if sent consider NON compliance as stated said routers are from an engineering point from a French company now defunct and useless I refuse YOU will replace with like as YOUR french supure fast ruters do not let me set power output ch ECT LIKE FOR LIKE or the contract is null and void with zero charges or replace the entire line AND UTTER refusal of said french dire rubbish NEVER ALSO I PAID FOR MY ROUTER I SENT MANY MANY OF SAI SUPERFAST SUPER  CRAP routers back as they bite so no like for like

REPLACE THE WHOLE LINE and replace like for like router or I keep my nice working router which keeps kicking you olut and reconnecting for correct sync speeds as per my old address.

Has logs showing you have forced disconnections from exchange via samba requests and will use this in defence in you're requirement to provide my service as described with HW I have and replace it exactly as IS with a new line from the property out at your costs or I Will get BT to force the issue with you regarding this matter as your information regarding my local exchange is incorrect I have also emailed my local mp regarding your refusal to repair or fix my line and that it was crossed and badly fitted causing damage to my landlords property still to be claimed from yourself and BT by landlord.

all of these services including advice scot are on my side as are chap you may fix this by providing a like for like router and a full replacement line back to the exchange from my home at zero cost

I refer you to my local North Ayrshire digital referral team and offcom rules and trading standars and as I have mentioned I have many offers from other compays  giving DSL, speed and or FTT to 2 kelvin st largs

Again you are compelled to give me the service and hardware I paid for not the hardware that's KNOWN to be bad news and firmware on superfast ruters is terrid I know as ex IT engineer to trade with Multable 18+ years of trand setting up servers pc's routers knows not to touch them

and as per last chat transcript I was offered a like for like replacement this is an end of line statment

0 Likes

Message 39 of 64

I'm sorry, we no longer supply the HG633, it would have to be a wifi hub

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 64

Sagem WIFI hub are not acceptable as it's well known to be slow and rubbish in fact I have sent them back as they are dreadful and as a long term engineer to trade with 16 + year knows they are nothing worth more than  £0.000000000000000001 and work about as well as 16K dial up modem

HG633
Hardware version:
H.1.01
Software version:
v2.00t
0 Likes