cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

slow speeds and showing only agreed contract of 14 meg I signed up to the minum of 16 meg

Warlock
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 64

Since I joined I have had nothing but problems my original contract states clearly that lowest speed would be 16 meg not 12 add constant drop-outs and poor speeds constantly having to reset router.

IT IS NOT MY side nor my equipment that has been ruled out by your own talk talk engineer and BT engineer both have stated its exchange side or talk talks side that need to sort this

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 1 of 64

Hi Warlock

The complaints manager can also email you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 64

No it will not and I will reopen the complaint as many times as ness your only calling so there is no paper trail unacceptable behavour

0 Likes

Message 3 of 64

Hi Warlock

This will no longer be investigated by the Community Team. It's been escalated into our Complaints Team. Once a complaint has been raised then we can no longer be involved.

If you chose to ignore the calls then the complaint will be closed.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 64

CMP-625048 attempts to call will be ignored and only dealt with by forum or chat and recorded and now incurs a further charge of £500 for the two texts.

Total now stands @ £3280

0 Likes

Message 5 of 64

Again not by phone he won't again calling incurs a charge of £500 to the bill and again in a DSL area even ofcom agrees

0 Likes

Message 6 of 64

Hi Warlock

This has been escalated to our faults complaints team and a manager will contact you to discuss this as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 64

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/get-more-from-your...

Broadband type Highest available download speed Highest available upload speed AvailabilityStandardSuperfastUltrafast
18Mbps1Mbps

YES

80Mbps20Mbps

YES

- -- -

What these results mean

The download and upload speeds shown are the highest predicted speeds that are available for the address you entered. Some broadband providers may not offer packages that offer these speeds.

Standard, superfast and ultrafast broadband fall into different speed categories:

• Standard broadband has download speeds of less than 30 Mbits/s;
  • Superfast broadband has download speeds between 30 Mbit/s and 300 Mbit/s;
  • Ultrafast broadband has download speeds of greater than 300 Mbit/s;

The availability icons mean:

• Green tick = broadband packages in this category are available
  • Amber triangle = broadband packages in this category are available to some, but not all premises.
  • Red cross = broadband packages in this category are not available

If you need help understanding your results, please call our contact centre on 0300 123 3333.

2. Find out what broadband speed you need

We all use our broadband differently. Find out what to look for to get the broadband that suits your needs.

The basic browsers

"I don’t use the internet much, so all I want is a reliable service at a good price."

You use your broadband to follow the news, keep in touch with friends and family and some online shopping.

The super streamers

"I get frustrated when my TV streaming service buffers or the connection drops off."

You use your broadband for all the basics, as well as watching TV shows and films and listening to music.

The data-hungry household

"Our broadband needs to cope with a lot of us being online at the same time – making sure we don’t lose the connection."

A whole household using broadband throughout the day for things, like working online, streaming, gaming, video-calling or uploading.

3. Use our tips to get the best deals

Now you’re ready to buy broadband with confidence. It’s time to speak to your provider and shop around to find the best deal for you.

There are lots of deals available, and choosing the right one can be tricky. If you’re speaking to your current provider or shopping around, here’s what to check.

Questions to ask your broadband provider

• Am I still in my initial contract period?
  • How much am I paying?
  • What am I getting for that price?
  • How fast should my broadband be to do the things I want?
  • Can I get a faster service, and how much will it cost?
  • How long is that contract for?
  • Are there any connection fees with a new deal?
  • What happens at the end of the initial contract period?

Once you have the information, you can decide to:

1. upgrade to a faster service
  2. stick with the same speed service, but sign up to a new deal with your provider
  3. switch to a new deal with a different provider
  4. stick with the deal you're on

Need more help?

If you’re not happy with what your current provider is offering, you can shop around for a deal that suits you.

You could use a price comparison site to check the different deals on offer. Ofcom accredits a number of comparison sites to ensure they are accurate, accessible, transparent and up-to-date.

If you need any extra help or advice you can contact Ofcom on 0300 123 3333.

Other ways to boost your broadband

It can be frustrating when you can’t get online. But even if you’re not able to change the deal you’re on, there are things you can do to make sure you’re getting the most out of your broadband:

• Check for interference with other devices or your landline
  • Check your router is connected properly
  • Speak to your provider about upgrading your router
  • Make sure your broadband is password protected so others aren’t using it who shouldn’t be
  • Talk to your broadband provider about your problems – an engineer visit may be able to fix it.

How to complain about your broadband

If you want to complain about your broadband, contact your provider. They should offer you practical steps to help fix an issue, or might send replacement equipment or an engineer.

Ofcom’s broadband speeds code of practice also means you have the right to exit your contract without being penalised if your provider fails to deliver the minimum speeds they promised when you took out the contract.

If your provider fails to repair a fault by the date promised, or you are unhappy with how long it is taking, follow their formal complaints procedure. This should be explained on their website or by their customer services team.

If your problem is still unresolved after eight weeks, you can complain to an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. Ask your provider for a ‘deadlock’ letter so that you can refer your dispute to the relevant ADR scheme directly before the eight week mark.

There are two ADR schemes: the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) and Communications Ombudsman. All providers must belong to one of the schemes.

Your provider will tell you which scheme it is a member of, or you can use our ADR checker.

attempts to call will be ignored as stated, I am keeping this to the forum so you can't backtrack

0 Likes

Message 8 of 64

Hi Warlock

I think we should raise this as a complaint so a Complaints Manager can discuss this with you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 64

Hi Warlock

Which router is connected at the moment?

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of the Sagemcom WIFI hub?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 64

The router in question see my responses mate hackers paradise

0 Likes

Message 11 of 64

Lets ignore the router lets focus on the wild stats as my line has not been connected at 18 waggles finger let also focus on the hacking and ports scanning that's illegal 1st now as to your router

I now charge you my full engineer's rate for diagnosing and finding your router has poor security bad firmware and no SAGEM has not updated the fw for well over 10 years thats £30 per hour so your total at this time is now £1800 pounds payable by cash to my bank as I have proven your company is port scanning see prior router logs. IF you know how to read logs that is chris as now I question your technical acumen failure to pay myself for proving your company is responsible for line drops and illegal port scanning.

I also love how you keep doging DSL area so GIVE ME A DSL line I may drop my corporate charges to a lower figure however I am now issuing a bill to you in regard of poor hardware poor routers a forced customer non choice of issued router thousandsof  pages of customers complains about it this router see your back log of pages https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=talktalk+sgtame+rotuer+*@#][!![]'#[@#]!*&ia=web as I HAVE chirs and your refusal to respond will incur more charges

Also, I loooove how you dodged the utter fact that the device in question is 10 mins to hack and write to the real UI within and see that it's a rubbish business router with a poorly written firmware and that it's dire so moving on again YOU Will SUPPLY DSL cabling and speeds you will honour your contract by phone speeds of a minimum of 18and max of 24 or DSL of up to 80 MEG post-haste otherwise the contract is null and void and I owe you your staff and company nothing however you will owe me over £2000 pounds for my time spent as an engineer with full degree and a city and guilds in ethical hacking also at degree levels you're not contesting with a standard customer you're contending with someone who has 18 years in computing and engineering cabling networking to company levels such as IBM DELL HP exctera funny how MY hardware never broke yours does constantly I also know the rules for ofcom and CISAS which I have conformed to now they will be dealing with your debt and the matter I also look forward to virgin taking you over as I see your company is up for sale I may offer £.0.50 for it along with your 2 pence router I also hold a degree in business management and customer care.

You also ignore the device in question did not connect to my phone ipad or samsung tv nor did it allow me to play anything at all so what your seeing is my old huwie router set SO YOU cannot connect or touch any setting as remote access is off period which IS my RIGHT. Not something in your sagem devices that's offered please for the love of god recall all of them and go to netgear or syslink as they at least know how to make routers unlike the dishevelled french mobile DEFUNKED PHONE CORP

0 Likes

Message 12 of 64

Hi Warlock,

Thanks for the update. Line stats are showing that your router has been in sync and connected to the Internet for 4 days at 18.5Mbps. Error count has also been very low.

As stated a number of times, we can't supply you with a different router but if the router that we supply doesn't meet your requirements you can of course source your own router that does.

Which firmware version is the Sagemcom currently running (older firmware versions should automatically update)?

Chris

Message 13 of 64

As the 1st SAGEM router I got it's exactly the same firmware many years out of date it's a hackers delight as well as not letting me set remote management off

IT disconnected the line 755 times within the space of an hour, add to the fact it's slow as anything to get into add it did not talk to apple device nor my tv nor my phone.

add to the fact it refused to let me play one single game as the auto port forwarding on it does not work as noted by another engineer like myself talking to you in a sub forum.

it does not let me set power output of wifi nor channel so is this regard again it's rubbish it's certainly not the best router out there.

IT's totally not worth £130 anything near that closer to £10 to £30 and I can find routers that are far better than this one the things need a firmware cried out for over more than 5 years or so from what I can find online by unhappy customers forced to use poor French hardware that's a delight to hack and so easy that anyone with any pc knowledge can do so via SSH which then you can issue commands directly below the UI and admin accounts via any decent copy of linux.

My speeds did not change thusly proving as 3 engineers have said not my property also you keep ignoring DSL line as a replacement as I am within DSL area and I not you ignore that factor as it now stands your in breach of your phone reaffirmed contract of 16-22 not the contract stated 12 -16 which is slower than any company now offering me DSL fiber and also points to a fault exterior to the property alread y you have this on record from talktalkta staff and open reach SNR is not my end issue as your other operative stated.

Back to the router for a moment, it took a delightful hour to dial the 1st time getting a line speed of 1.1 I then caught you doing this 05:54:24 26/02/2024 User Level Notice User admin login from 192.168.1.11 successfully.
05:54:22 26/02/2024 Security Warning Intrusion -> src=152.89.198.75 DST=79.78.65.17 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=242 ID=63200 PROTO=TCP SPT=43833 DPT=1402 WINDOW=1
05:54:22 26/02/2024 Security Warning Intrusion -> src=185.242.226.3 DST=79.78.65.17 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=249 ID=54321 PROTO=TCP SPT=42843 DPT=9658 WINDOW=6
05:54:19 26/02/2024 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_0_38:IPv4 connected.
05:54:13 26/02/2024 System Notice WAN connection Other_R_0_65:IPv4 connected.
05:54:12 26/02/2024 System Notice DSL connection is active.
05:53:47 26/02/2024 System Notice DSL connection is inactive.
05:53:26 26/02/2024 System Notice WAN connection Other_R_0_65:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
05:53:22 26/02/2024 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_0_38:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
05:53:22 26/02/2024 System Notice DSL connection is inactive.
05:50:37 26/02/2024 Security Warning DROP UDP SAMBA Request
05:46:39 26/02/2024 Security Warning Intrusion -> src=69.10.35.178 DST=79.78.64.62 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=244 ID=27216 PROTO=TCP SPT=50279 DPT=5984 WINDOW=10

hour in hour out

also this 024-02-26 22:33:30 Security Warning Intrusion -> src=79.124.60.194 DST=79.78.65.173 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=245 ID=52589 PROTO=TCP SPT=46257 DPT=49678 WINDOW
2024-02-26 22:23:34 Security Warning Intrusion -> src=80.94.95.249 DST=79.78.65.173 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=246 ID=6030 PROTO=TCP SPT=61000 DPT=10189 WINDOW=1
2024-02-26 22:13:28 Security Warning Intrusion -> src=198.235.24.120 DST=79.78.65.173 LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=250 ID=54321 PROTO=TCP SPT=54209 DPT=20256 WINDO
2024-02-26 22:04:24 Security Debug DROP ICMP Request
2024-02-26 22:04:12 Security Warning Detect UDP port scan attack, scan packet from 79.79.79.80.

port scanning sirs I am very aware of uk law on these matters also total proof your disconnecting it from the exchange almost on a minute by minute day in day out periods why is this your not allowed to scan or probe my data in any way and yes that IP is your company.

So again you will offer a better router than that Pile of plastic SAGEM fast router now dubbed by me as the snail you will fix and replace my line enable DSL or I break the contract send everything back, and you can't charge me a penny as my complaint is now raised to the correct departments and is now being dealt with as a direct complaint regarding hardware service and contract agreements.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 64

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 64

Send router as well as engineer you're still ignoring 3 engineers 1 from talktalk two from BT openreach have said it is external to property, still send router as I must follow guidelines set out by Ofcom and CISAS rules your still ignoring DSL area speed up to 150meg are available in my area max speed is 80 change my line to this.

As CISAS states there will be no charge as client has proved 3 visits has resulted in the same issue IE external to property

0 Likes

Message 16 of 64

Hi Warlock

This will be an engineer visit to the property, if the engineer detects that the fault is on the line externally then they will investigate this after attending the property.

I can't advise if there will be no charge, this is dependent on the engineers findings.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 64

And an engineer to check line externally equalling no charge again only taking to show I am going out of my way to prove within DSL area you keep ignoring that

and you keep ignoring that by phone my contract was changed to 16-22 not 12-16 either way I don't get either speed constant or even

so yes send away

0 Likes

Message 18 of 64

Hello,

Ok. The Sagemcom router would be the 5364 model Can you confirm that you happy for us to send this and we will get this sent today and it should arrive hopefully in the next 48hrs.

If there is no change then we can book the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 64

NO and no and no phone calls will be ignored as stated I wish to keep this in forum and chat, so I have evidence of everything.

Do both however what SAGEM router and still ignoring DSL area and contract changed to show (16-22 by phone) and that 3 engineers have stated issue is exterior to property (charges as issues were found externally every time) on 3 separate visits.

fee and charges will be waived sick of the roundabout way you are dealing with this I am only doing this to comply with my current complaint to Ofcom and CISAS (Communication and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme) no charges will be levied at myself as the error is not my side

0 Likes

Message 20 of 64

Hi Warlock,

Would you like me to arrange for a member of our Faults Escalation Team to contact you directly as they will be able to discuss this with you in more detail? When would be the best time for the team to call you and I'll raise this over?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes