cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

AOL emails not delivered to me

paulh12
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 5

My friend says his emails to me are not being sent.

obscured for customer security

I and we would like to know why and what is the problem!

My email is obscured for customer security

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

I've asked the team. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Just to confirm that an AoL message today at 09.03 was sent and promptly received. 

Either the AoL messages on 12 April didn't reach the TalkTalk MX inbound mail server or your scans are not recording 550.5.1.1 undeliverable bouncebacks (e.g. TT512 or similar). The AoL delivery fail notification suggests that there were 3 hours of retries to deliver before giving up.

EDIT

However, after another member reported issues, 15 April, not getting AoL mail to TalkTalk I did another check. After 3 hours at 23.49 the AoL MAILER-DAEMON bounced back an undeliverable notification. So, same as Friday 12 April when AoL mail wasn't reaching TalkTalk Mail mailboxes. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

After running 2 7 day scans one on the domain and one for specific mailboxes, there are no rejections showing. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi paulh12 

I can confirm your report that aol.com domain mail is not reaching TalkTalk mailboxes. Not the Inbox and not the Spam folder. Worth checking your spam folder just in case. The aol.com mail does appear to be sent successfully and there's no bounceback error message.

Mail is fully authenticated and not on any of the usual blacklists so unless multiple TalkTalk users have marked aol.com mail as spam I cannot see any other obvious reason for mail not arriving.

Yahoo.com / yahoo.co.uk mail, that nominally uses the exact same servers as Aol, does get through to TalkTalk mailboxes.

I'll ask if there's a network block on aol.com mail.

PS 3 hours after sending the mail messages from Aol Mail I got a bounceback from the Yahoo Mail servers from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com which is effectively the sending Aol mailer reporting a problem described as "Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up."

So this does suggest the inbound TalkTalk Mail servers are not accepting the connection for the Aol.com domain. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes