cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

AS IF BY MAGIC?? OUTLOOK 2007 HAS BURST INTO LIFE.

IK-BRUNEL
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

As in the title      Ancient OUTLOOK ..2007  has suddenly started to operate correctly. It is now fully functional on two separate machines, using my lineone credentials.

Contrary to what "GONDOLA" states, it has not been commited to the M.S. dustbin.

The Q!  remains, was it TalkTalk or M.S. that prevented it operating?

Do not give up on your ancient email programmes.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi 247cookie 

TalkTalk Mail does not support Outlook 2007.  Outlook 2007 is inherently insecure and vulnerable to malicious attack.

TalkTalk Mail does support later versions of Outlook 2016 and newer versions of Outlook using secure connection security.

Is this the clarity you're looking for?

Do you have any specific questions on whether it is considered safe to continue to use "unsupported" products whether that's deprecated or current Operating systems or email software?

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Changing your email password

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

247cookie
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

The old advice of products like Outlook 2007, 2016 etc. not being 'supported' is misleading to the average user.

To me it means that the supplier/retailer won't support you if you get any problems with the product - it's well outside of the guarantee.

NOT that it's dangerous to use because of security issues.

Please be kind to us ordinary folk

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi IK-BRUNEL, please do give up on your ancient mail clients they're insecure. Making them a risk to yourself and our network. When not if you get hacked due to poor security the likelihood is that you're mailbox will start spamming. Upgrade immediately if not sooner.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Gondola will also tell you that TalkTalk will restrict your mailbox to webmail only access if you continue to connect using the inherently insecure Outlook 2007.

You're ignoring Microsoft advice. You're ignoring TalkTalk advice. You're ignoring Gondola's advice.

I hope TalkTalk take the logical steps to completely bar your mailbox from being used. Maybe then you'll learn from your mistake of putting the whole TalkTalk Mail platform and other users at risk.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes