cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Certain Providers cannot email me

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have presented my email address to my car insurance provider. They have provided me with the email address they have on file, and it is correct.

When they email me important documents, these are not received. They are not in my spam folder. Other people can email me without problem.

The provider IS able to email me on my work email address. This is not a valid solution as this address is not supposed to be used for non-business communications.

Can anyone help, please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi kdmcm, we've accepted hundreds of mails from NSANDI in the last 7 days. We have, however also rejected/deferred many mails from them too. There are no rejections at all for aviva over the last 7 days.

I've asked the email admins to look at the NSANDI issue.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

As for email.nsandi.com there is seemingly nothing in common with the aviva mail and the SPF file does allow a soft fail that means other mail servers are allowed to send on their mail messages. Other than that there is full authentication and no blacklisting so no obvious reason for TalkTalk not to accept delivery direct from NS&I designated mail servers.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

I'm not convinced you understood. I asked if 'they' i.e. Aviva were getting a bounceback non-delivery notification from TalkTalk.

The email is usually sent from notifications.aviva.co.uk by the adobe.com mail servers. There is full authentication and no blacklisting so no reason for TalkTalk to reject mail sent to TalkTalk directly by Aviva via adobe.com mail servers. The SPF authentication is strict and by this I mean that Aviva only permit the designated adobe.com mail servers to send on the mail messages.

Have you given Aviva your TalkTalk email address?

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I just spotted something else. I won (not a big win) on Premium Bonds last week and I can't see the email notifying me.

The company this time is nsandi.com.

Again, I'm thinking talktalk.

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

The provider is Aviva.

THEY are unable to send to ME. I'm not sure why I wold receive a bounce message for emails which I am not sending.

I have no previous email sent to my talktalk account: the insurance account is a new one.

As an experiment, I set up a TLD using 123-reg.net which should have forwarded email to my talktalk account when sent to an alias. I did not receive an email from them by that route, either, although I have shown that the alias works. 

Since the aliased email is not getting through, and since they can email me at my work address, it sort of feels like talktalk are disallowing the incoming.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Which car insurance company are you not receiving documents from?  Are they getting a bounceback delivery error message from TalkTalk? What's the description and TT error code as that will indicate what's happening?

No bounceback error would suggest their messages are either tagged as spam and being silently dropped or the mail service provider is not actually sending messages.

Not sending messages is the most common issue and due to the mail service using a suppression list or block list on which your email address has been placed because of some prior issue of non-delivery. If the mail service cannot deliver mail for whatever reason even after retries then your email address has a stop on sending via a suppression list or block list.

For example, LV Insurance uses Mimecast mail senders and Mimecast use a block list.

If you have a previous email preferably sent direct to your TalkTalk Mail inbox with documents from the same company then what would be useful is to know:

In TalkTalk Mail select the email and then from the triple dots More actions menu select View Source and you'll see the normally hidden email header.  Other email clients or mail services may use the term View Header or Raw Header.

Find the lines:

Return-Path: <email address>

Received: from Sender ([XX.XX.XX.XX]) by mx.talktalk.net with SMTP (NB there will be several Received: lines but only one that ends with by mx.talktalk.net with SMTP) (NB if using your work email then the MX server will be the work inbound mail service server)

Return-Path: The email domain enclosed in chevron brackets will tell the TalkTalk (or other) inbound mail servers where to find the Sender authentication SPF file

Received: from The Sender name and the IP address enclosed in round and square brackets will tell us the mail sender communicating with the inbound TalkTalk MX server (or other inbound MX server)

From: The email domain enclosed in chevron brackets is the source email domain

With the above information a check can be made to see if there's an obvious reason for mail not being received in TalkTalk Mail.