cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Distinct lack of emails

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

The normal domestic equanimity is being disrupted by the apparent failure of emails to reach my @Tiscali.co.uk account having been dispatched from the next room from my wife's @Tiscali.co.uk account. I have checked her "Sent Items" folder and the item is there. No non-delivery report has been received at her end. A further mystery is presenting itself when connecting to the Community and expecting a 6-digit authorisation code to arrive in my @talktalk.net account. Such thing does not arrive, not once and not when "Resend Code" is selected. I have succeeded in accessing the community by logging on separately to "My Account", which puts the cookie on the PC to tell the Community that I am bona fide.

In the interest of the restoration of peaceful co-existence, could some explanation be given for the failure of emails sent within the @Tiscali.co.uk domain to move about 12 feet from one room to another. Both accounts have been checked using Outlook 365 and TalkTalk Webmail.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

If a sender has evidence their mail messages have not reached you then it's probably the same issue as with SparkPost using an email suppression list. i.e. their mail sending service has your address excluded from sending out mail messages.

As for forwarding potentially suspicious content, that's not really conclusive of an issue with TalkTalk Mail. Always test using just plain text sending, no attachments and not via any VPN service or third party intermediate mail service.

TalkTalk Community will stay signed in by default. So if the session cookies are still valid then you'll stay signed in.

Gmail are dumping a lot of mail messages into Spam folders. Gmail users need to check their Spam folders and for genuine messages select and hit the Report as not spam button to tell Gmail to deliver all future mail from that sender into the Gmail Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

It is hard to know whether one is not receiving emails that have been sent. I am receiving emails from other addressees.
A few weeks ago I discovered that I had not received emails from one particular organisation, they made an investigation and their system had some evidence that emails had not reached me. They changed something their end, but I'm not sure that everything is fine. For example I sent them a message on 26 April, to which I expected a reply, but I have not received a reply. I may have to phone them next week.
I have now received the message from my wife, which she resent this morning, after, in her words, "editing a bit to remove spurious adverts". She had forward a marketing advertisement. It's plausible that the first version was caught by some anti-spam filter.
My TalkTalk email (the one linked to the Community) received the Community notification for your reply to my community message. Even though my PC was off overnight, I was not required to log in to the Community to make this reply.
I have also been experiencing some my emails landing in the Junk folders of Gmail users, which is a pest. Again it is hard to know when such a thing has happened. I sent a test message to my own Gmail account and it arrived without a problem.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Are you receiving all other inbound mail messages that you're aware of?  Is your wife sending a message from her tiscali email address to just your email address? No other addresses other than yours? No other address on either the To list or CC or BCC list?

The reason for asking is that I've already reported an issue with TalkTalk Mail not sending mail messages when multiple TalkTalk email addresses are on the To list - but sending to single addresses seeming to be OK. The mail does get put into the Sent folder if the pop-up says it's been sent but may not actually be sent to all addresses. This awaits TalkTalk resolution. The temporary workaround is to send only to single TalkTalk email addresses.

If you've stopped receiving the Community log in verification code email then your tiscali mailbox has probably had an issue in receiving mail messages. This suggests that the sparkpost mail sender has auto-added the email address to its suppression list. This means you'll get no more mail messages from TalkTalk MyAccount e-billing or TalkTalk Community login until TalkTalk remove your address from the suppression list. The workaround is to continue to use the MyAccount login and then using the same browser to go to Community and click on your avatar to utilise that aspect of the Single Sign On process.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes