cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email auto forwarding stopped working

Andrew103
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Since the email system upgrade a few days ago from the legacy platform the auto forwarding of emails to a yahoo email address stopped working. No settings changed, confirmed that forwarding is still set up in my email settings, no other filters are applied. No problems sending or receiving from the mailbox itself, just the forwarding has stopped working. Please can this be investigated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

I've raised this to the email project team. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi Andrew103 

You'll have seen from another topic you've participated in that  I've just carried out some further tests on mailboxes migrated and not migrated. The not migrated mailboxes have auto-forwarding working into both Yahoo Mail and Gmail. The migrated mailboxes do not have auto forward working despite the mailbox indicating that auto forwarding is active.

Auto forwarding is not workingAuto forwarding is not working

So, my diagnosis is that someone has just forgotten to connect up the outgoing SMTP server for auto forwarding for the migrated mailboxes on the OX Cloud 8 platform. But whatever the issue it clearly requires the Email team at TalkTalk / Open-Xchange to investigate further.

Standard forward from the TalkTalk mailbox works ok. Mail collection from the TalkTalk mailbox works ok. My recommendation is always to collect mail and not rely on auto forwarding because auto forwarding of mail messages cannot be relied upon for all messages. But there is obviously an issue for TalkTalk to fix and I've requested a fault ticket.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes