cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email reset

Marjory60
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi

Hope someone can help. My husband has lost access to his email which is on my account. He is unable to reset his password as he cannot access email and his recovery SMS number is for an old mobile number. Any help would be gratefully received.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Marjory60, thanks for providing the security information. I've made the request for the password reset tool to be updated for you. You can check when its done by intermittently going to the Password Reset Tool and you'll see when the information has been updated. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Marjory60
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

I have been trying to get my husbands email access reset. Due to some misunderstanding on the security requirements to gain the help of the Customer Support group the situation remains. Now having made the necessary security updates I cannot get any response for the Customer Support group. Is there any help out there.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Marjory60, I'm afraid the information provided doesn't match the information we hold on system.  I've resent the message this time choose to setup the telephone encryption password. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

I see that you signed out of Community some 20 minutes ago without response to my post asking you to let me know if the mobile number had not been updated.

Let us know if you do need further help.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Ady-TalkTalk responded to you 6 days ago. Did you reply to his Private Message?

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery and if the team have set up the mobile phone number you'll see that listed.

Let me know if you do not see the correct mobile number showing and I'll push a reminder in to Ady.

0 Likes

Marjory60
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi

6 days down the line and still no response from the support staff on this email issue. I followed all the instructions given to me and updated all the relevant details. Where do I go next to try and get a simple update to a mobile number implemented.

Marjory 60

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Marjory60, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

OK, it's a shame he didn't keep the password recovery reset details up to date. As you're the customer account holder then you can request new reset details so have an alternate active email address and active mobile number to hand.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options are out of date. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Let us know if you need more guidance.