cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails appear on phone but not laptop

juecal
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I left Talk Talk in December and joined BARN, I am still using my old tiscali email address but some emails appear on my phone but not on laptop and vice versa. Any Ideas how I can solve this please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Are you using webmail on any device or are you viewing mail messages on email apps on both devices?

Your description suggests that one or both devices are set up with POP3 email accounts on email apps. POP3's default setting downloads and deletes mail from the online Inbox. So if one device does that then the other device cannot download the message because it's been downloaded and deleted and exists only on the first device.

If the second device is also set up as a POP3 account using default settings and that downloads and deletes mail from the online Inbox then that mail message exists only on the second device.

Either set up both devices to never delete from the server / save a copy on the server OR save your wanted mail messages, delete both account setups and reinstate as IMAP email accounts.

As a former TalkTalk customer are you subscribed to or planning to subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus to retain the full use of your email addresses? TalkTalk will usually ask if you wish to subscribe after you leave TalkTalk if your tiscali.co.uk address(es) was/were previously added to the ceased customer MyAccount.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Changing your email password

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution