cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from inbox missing

rodney8
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi, 

I opened up my outlook client today to discover all the existing emails that were in the inbox folder have disappeared and only emails from today were showing up.

I have not recently changed any settings in the client nor deleted anything. They aren't in the deleted folder or any other random folder than I can see. I did also log into Talktalk Webmail via my browser and all the emails from the inbox apart from todays were all missing there too.

What has happened and how do I get these emails back as i didn't touch anything or delete anything so I don't understand how they have all just disappeared.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Have you just set up a new device or mail collection service connecting to your mailbox? A POP3 email account or mail collection service will by default download the Inbox and then delete the Inbox contents. The downloaded emails will be only on the device or mail service that was recently connected. 

If there was a mailbox fault I wouldn't expect to see today's emails in the Inbox.  POP3 email clients only interact with the Inbox so no other folders in the online mailbox are affected.

If you didn't set up a new POP3 email client then maybe an old device was powered up and connected or, worst case, your mailbox password has been compromised and some unauthorised person has connected to the mailbox using a POP3 account to download the Inbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header (desktop browser)
  • Select All settings
  • Select Security
  • Look at Your devices to see what devices are or have been connected to the mailbox
    Do you see any suspicious / unrecognised connection?
  • Sign out all devices

If you see anything suspicious then scan your device to remove potential password capturing virus, trojan or other malware.

Select the user avatar top right in TalkTalk Mail and then the menu item Update your reset details to check you do have password recovery options correctly saved and then upgrade the password.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes