cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from my Son are being sent direct to Spam - how can I permanently unblock this happening?

JohnTa
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Every time an email from my Son who is using GMX is sent directly to "Spam"  I then have to unblock it.  How do I unblock this happening?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi JohnTa 

I assume your son is using a gmx.co.uk domain address. Is that right? I've checked that the gmx mail is sent fully authenticated, that there's a DMARC quarantine policy in place and that the domain is not on any of the usual spam blacklists.

I also assume that the mail is being sent direct to your TalkTalk address and not via any intermediate mail forwarding service. Is that right? If mail was being forwarded then the GMX DMARC quarantine policy would tell TalkTalk to put the mail into the Spam folder.

Let's assume that for whatever reason the mail is delivered to the Spam folder then the fix is to log into TalkTalk Mail webmail and select the message in the Spam folder and then select from the toolbar Not spam. This should then notify network filtering that future mail should be delivered to the Inbox assuming that it's TalkTalk's CloudMark network filtering that was tagging the mail as suspect spam.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in. Selecting the message in Spam and marking as Not spam will move that message to the Inbox.

Let us know if that effects a full time fix.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution