cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails going to spam

NicBoot
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My emails have recently been going to some recipients' spam folders causing multiple problems and loss of business. Many of the recipients have previously received my emails with no problem, so I can only think it is some change in TT settings. Some new enquiries, for my services at work, think that I haven't replied at all.  Can anyone please help? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

P.S I will look into Business accounts

Message 2 of 6

Ok. That's useful to know about Yahoo and Gmail.  The recipients not receiving my emails are all gmail users.  I have contacted those that I can by text and asked them to look in their spam folders and to mark my emails as Not Spam.  But some emails are coming from gmail users and I have no means of contacting them except by email.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Yes. They are gmail users.  I understand this may be connected to new gmail policies.  So what can i do? For some people I can contact them by other means and ask them to check their junk folders and mark my emails as Not Spam.  But some are new enquiries and I have no other way to contact them.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

There's no change at TalkTalk's end as regards settings or configuration.

Perhaps you're not aware of new policies at Yahoo Mail and Gmail regarding spam? Gmail are reserving the right to dump any mail in Spam folders if more than 3 in 1000 messages sent are marked by Gmail recipients as spam. So in enacting that policy at Gmail any mail message can be dumped into spam without checking if it's genuine or not.  TalkTalk have no control over these new policies. 

All TalkTalk Mail is sent fully authenticated so any mail direct to any other mail service will be seen as genuine and should be delivered to the recipient's Inbox.  Those recipients that have contacted you should be asked to look in their spam folder and if your messages are there to select and mark as Not spam. This will tell the mail service not to drop your mail in spam but to deliver future mail to the Inbox as normal.

As you seem to be using TalkTalk Mail for business purposes you should also be aware that TalkTalk Mail usage is for home use and therefore there are reasonable limits on sending. If you want to exceed normal residential email usage then perhaps you should consider a dedicated business mail service? Just a thought.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi NicBoot, would those recipients happen to be gmail users?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes