cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not being delivered

Murphy54
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 5

My emails have suddenly failed to deliver.

They are showing as sent in the sent items folder but they never arrive.

i have sent emails to myself but they never arrive and no error message flags up.

it doesn’t matter if I use tMicrosoft mail or my iPad mail or the talk talk webmail

accessed from any web browser. The result is the same.

i have removed vacation notice and auto forward from the rules menu but this has not 

made any difference,

My email is the tiscali domain.

Hope someone can help please

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Jabbaboy
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

The same thing has been happening to my sent tiscali emails since Monday 15th. They appear in my sent box but the recipients don’t receive them. I did some practice ones to my wife and they all ended up in her spam folder for some unknown reason. It’s very difficult as I’m not sure who has been getting my emails and who hasn’t. This problem has only just started in the last 48 hrs

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

We have an open incident for this issue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

I've replied to your PM.

Does appear to be the inbound talktalk MX mail server is rejecting tiscali mail messages as spam. Probably because of the SORBS DUHL spam blacklisting. I've asked TalkTalk Support to ask the email admins to clear the blacklisting and reset the CloudMark network filters.

I see on another thread that Ady-TalkTalk has informed the incidents team.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If mail is in the Sent folder then that message would be assumed to have been sent and accepted by the receiving mail server. Mail might be going into Spam.  There are new anti-spam policies being enacted by Gmail and Yahoo Mail.

You say you've removed the Vacation Notice and Auto Forward Rules which is good if those were active but are there are other Rules defined? Is there a Blocked Senders Filter for example? Or any other Rules. When troubleshooting issues like this it would be wise to Disable or Delete all Rules. Grateful if you'd confirm There are no rules defined.

Sending talktalk.net to talktalk.net addresses works for me both on and off platform. But I cannot test tiscali.co.uk to tiscali.co.uk addresses. What I can see is that the tiscali.co.uk domain is listed on the SORBS DUHL spam blacklist although the data seems historical from 2023. Maybe this blacklisting is having an impact on sending from tiscali.co.uk but I cannot test the theory.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes