cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not being received. Sender gets "Content rejected (TT992)" error

Christo13
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

When sending emails from a Microsoft365 account (this is my work account in a school) to my tiscali email address and they get rejected  with an undeliverable message stating Content Rejected (TT992).

I have asked our IT team at work for help and they have updated policies on the school system but emails sent still continue to fail to send.  I get an undeliverable message.

There are lots of similar reports with other people having the same issues.

Can TalkTalk stop blocking genuine emails.

I don't know what other emails are failing to arrive in my personal email account but other companies have sent letters in recent months asking me to update my email address as it is invalid but the address is valid, it is just TalkTalk rejecting the messages.

34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 35

I appear to be working now and receiving emails from school . Thank you .

Message 3 of 35

Hi Doorbers1, I'm told that they've fixed the block that was preventing the school from sending. If you could let me know if it continues to be a problem. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

We know about anything before thursday at 1:30pm . Its only the mail sent after that they are investigating. If you have the timestamp for any of those please let me have it. 

Ady

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 35

The last time I received email from that domain and it was received normally by me was 16/04/24.

Since last Monday(22/4/24)  and up to and including today none of the emails have got to me .

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

I had it investigated for the address provided and the team advised that we hadn't seen mail from that domain since before the fix was put in place. They have asked if the school can provide the time stamps of the sent mail. 

Ady

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 35

Hi Ady,

This still isn’t resolved from my end , emails not coming through . Is it still being investigated?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass this onto the incident team.

Ady

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 35

Hi Ady,

The workplace has just tried again and it’s still failed , not coming through . This was literally in the last 5 minutes.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi Doorbers1, we've checked and the last time we were sent mail by the biddulphhigh domain was before the fix was put in at 1:30pm yesterday.  Could you ask them to retest again?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Thanks Doorbers1, I've sent it back to the team for review and will let you know what I hear. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

153CAA9E-4D90-42B4-9742-67231A6D329C.jpeg

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 35

Still not working here for my works emails . They’ve just tried .

Same code .

0 Likes

Doorbers1
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 35

Thanks for looking into it and hopefully fixing it . I won’t know until tomorrow if it’s working when work try and send emails . I’ll let you know as soon as I find out . 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Excellent thanks very much for letting us know. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk    Seems to be working for now.

Message 17 of 35

I've had confirmation that this issue should now be behind us. Please let me know if you are still being advised that mail cannot be sent due to TT992 errors. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

I've had confirmation that this issue should now be behind us. Please let me know if you are still being advised that mail cannot be sent due to TT992 errors. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi PotPits, I've added your sender to the list. 

Ady

0 Likes

PotPits
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 35

I have been following the thread of messages with regard to the above as I too am having problems.  One of my contacts has reported to me that they are receiving TT992 bounce back messages when emailing me.   I had received email from the sender having these bounce back emails during the day of Friday 19th April 2024 and their first bounce back TT992 was received later in the evening of 19th April and ever since.

This is just one of the bounce back messages that has been received when trying to email me.

cm11nec gave this error:
ztvwrEdDkRSzBztvwrgSHJ Content rejected (TT992)

0 Likes