cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails received From Me to Me ?

TWH0857
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have started to receive emails from my "xx@talktalk.net" address from my "xx.talktalk.net" address but I have clearly not sent myself these emails.

Any advice on how to determine who the sender is and how to block them would be gratefully appreciated!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

My instructions relate to the TalkTalk Mail online mailbox (webmail) not to email clients like Outlook, Thunderbird or other that all have different options for viewing the source / raw header. I should have expanded my reply to make that clear but you got there anyway.

The sender is a typical spammers domain hosted in the USA with very little to reveal exactly where the spam is coming from.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Hello Gondola,

thank you for the information. Sadly the three dot options offered in Microsoft Outlook were only "Forward as an attachment" or "Meeting".

I did locate another method which is to Move the email to the Junk Folder | Open the email | Select the File Tab | Select Properties | Copy  the data from the Internet Headers and paste into a text editor.

Obviously more steps than the previous message but I get the following

Return-Path: <hey_clzg9pe@ftwfyutdu2.acquyvienthongcu.com> ***(Note - the details after @ open an insecure webpage)

further down there seems to be an Authentication section that inserts My xx.talktalk.net email address

X-MS-Exchange-Authentication-Results: spf=none (sender IP is 162.216.240.97)
smtp.mailfrom=ftwfyutdu2.acquyvienthongcu.com; dkim=none (message not signed)
header.d=none;dmarc=fail action=oreject header.from=talktalk.net;
To: xx@talktalk.net

Will now view the linked topic!!!!!

Thank you!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

There's a new wave of spam being sent to recipients and spoofing the recipient's email address on the From: line.

Select the mail message and then the More actions triple dots (ellipsis icon) and the menu item View source and you'll see the normally hidden email header. The Return-Path: line will normally show the <originating email address> and the Received: line that includes (envelope-from <originating email address>) will tell you who has sent the envelope and is really sending the spam.  Like most spam the sending addresses change frequently.

Compromised or spoofed accounts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution