cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Error code (TT992)

Trebor52?
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 20 of 20

i am now experiencing the same problem. TT992. Sadly, Talktalk customer services are about as much use as a chocolate Teapot 

They struggled to tell me what TT992 meant.

Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Thanks Robert. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Ady

i would like to echo Plodders comments and whilst it took a little while we got there in the end.

Proves the TALKTALK Community works

best wishes

Robert

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Plodder, I'll pass on your thanks to the rest of the team.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Ady-TalkTalk

Just to let you know that the domains dezrezlegal.co.uk and angusmossmrics.co.uk are both now able to send mail to TalkTalk IDS. Whoever did the magic, many thanks.

TC
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Thanks both, I've added those to the incident. I'll provide updates as I have any. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

The domains are dezrezlegal.co.uk and angusmossmrics.co.uk

TC
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

hi Ady    another one is just .co.uk

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Ady

many thanks for coming back so promptly. The domain name is ppb.uk.com

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Plodder, please do the same provide me with the bit after the @ symbol please. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Trebor52?, provide the domain of the affected senders i.e. the bit after the @ please? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Plodder

I regret to inform you that I have no solution. I was hopeful when ADY said the problem had been resolved. Quite rare for TALKTALK to admit they have or had a problem. At least ADY responded (i think as a TT employee) and lets hope they resolve their  issue very quickly

0 Likes

plodder
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 20

I am having the same problem with rejected messages and code TT992. Sample below:

cm8nec rejected your message to the following email addresses:

[TalkTalk email address 1]
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

cm8nec gave this error:
zK11rNFC829TDzK11riyzm Content rejected (TT992)

[TalkTalk email address 2]
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

cm8nec gave this error:
zK11rNFC829TDzK11riyzm Content rejected (TT992)

We are getting this problem with two business accounts (solicitor and surveyor) but other emails are getting through with no problem. And until recently (around April 19th) both business accounts were sending successfully. Do you have a solution for this?

TC
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Ady

i was full of hope when i received  your message but sadly the issue has not been resolved. i have just had a call from a contact informing me that he tried to send me a message but it bounced back with the same TT992 Message as before. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi Gondola

As an ageing technophobe i stupidly responded to the email rather than your message on this page. Please be assured i didn't ignore

your direct questions and more importantly how grateful i was for your assistance 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Ady

Many thanks for the update and the issue appears to be resolved. My thanks to all those in the TT community for the offers of assistance

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

I'm told the original issue is now resolved. If you're still having problems please let me know. 

Ady

Message 17 of 20

Hi Trebor52? 

You're not answering my direct questions so I'm withdrawing my offer of help. I've alerted TalkTalk Support so wait for them to pick up and respond to you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Trebor52?
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

As so often with Talktalk all they say is "that its not them"

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

TT992 is a bounceback mail delivery notification fail that the content of the inbound mail message is not accepted for the TalkTalk Mail mailbox.

Are you sending mail to TalkTalk? From which domain to which domain? e.g. gmail.com to lineone.net. Mail inbound must be fully authenticated or it will risk being rejected as potential spam. e.g. if you forward mail from a personal domain mailbox that does not rewrite the header to reauthenticate the forwarded mail message then the DMARC policy of the originator may tell TalkTalk to reject the unauthenticated mail.

In summary a bit more information please on what you're trying to achieve when seeing the TT992 bounceback mail delivery notification.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution