cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Homecall messages not being fetched by Gmail

Nunoo
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Norton antivirus has twice sent verification codes to my Homecall address, but these have not come through. I went to "Accounts and Import" in Gmail Settings and saw the message "Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since 29/11/2023" against my homecall address.  That puzzles me because I have received many emails to that address since that date, except that I cannot get emails from my Outlook.com address to be delivered to the Homecall address.  I need to continue to engage with Norton, because it says that information about me is circulating on the "Dark Web" and it seems my Homecall address is implicated. So - I need: 1.(apparently) to update the settings for the Homecall account so that emails to it can always get through, and 2. to change the password to deal with the "Dark Web" issues.  The trouble is that I have no idea what my Homecall password is.  Can you help me?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi, Ady,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've sent you a personal message as requested. 

I've attempted to reset my Homecall password, but it seems that all that gets reset is my TalkTalk password.  

I cannot quite understand why I do not find my homecall address, together with its settings and space to enter its password, anywhere on the TalkTalk website when I sign in.  It should be a simple matter to locate it and change the password for it so that this Homecall address is no longer vulnerable.  It also needs its settings changed, I think.

Best wishes

John

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Nunoo, please send me a personal message including the affected email address, alternate email address and mobile number for the Password Reset Tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The first thing is to Reset your Homecall password and sign in to the Homecall mailbox via TalkTalk Mail webmail.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the Homecall email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

If you do not see password recovery using your alternate email address and or mobile (Your Reset details) then you'll need TalkTalk Support here from next Monday onwards to set up Reset details for you.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available if you tell me they're not there or that you do not recognise them as yours.  A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

For a compromised mailbox I'd always suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

Use the new password to access via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages. Hackers set up or modify Filter rules to spy on your emails.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024