cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Loss of My Folders file

ollydgw43
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 6 of 6

I recently did something that deleted / moved all of the contents of the MY FOLDERS file, although I can still get to them individually but cannot see them all together. Can anyone help please.

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Diana confirms that I've solved the missing My folders with the Open / Close folder view icon toggle switch.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

Diana PM'd me saying:

"I cannot find 'My Folders' at all.
It was formerly under inbox, spam, trash, etc. So I can put emails in folders but not get them out again.
And where I used to have names I now have only logos."

To which I responded:

"At the bottom of the screen directly under those logos that represent the standard folders is what looks like a book icon. Select that and the folder names will appear."

Folder view : Icons modeFolder view : Icons mode

The icon at the foot of the Folder view is a toggle icon that will open and close the folder view i.e. Switch between an Icons only view for the standard folders and a named folders view that includes the year by year Archive folders and the user created My folders.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

What exactly is your "similar problem" @Diana81 and what update are you referring to? There has been no update to TalkTalk Mail that would have any impact on My folders or their contents!

0 Likes

Diana81
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I have a similar problem since an update so the update might be what went wrong with yours too.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

In TalkTalk Mail the 'My folders' that appears below the standard folders is not a real folder it's a virtual folder and cannot be deleted. The 'My folders' name is preceded by a chevron icon and if that chevron is pointed to the right then select it to expand the user folders created below the 'My folders' name.  These are all sub-folders of the virtual My folders.

Folder viewFolder view

If you deleted one of your user folders, that's a sub-folder of My folders, then that sub-folder would be moved to the Trash folder as a sub-folder of Trash. So select the chevron pointing right that's in front of the Trash folder name to display any sub-folders that are now in Trash. You can use the Move action to restore the folder to My folders.

Folder view : expanded showing sub-foldersFolder view : expanded showing sub-folders

If I've misunderstood what you're describing then please do explain more and perhaps upload a screenshot so I can see what you mean.

0 Likes