cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Mail going to bin

Loobyloo3
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I contacted talk talk mail this morning to tell them I had been hacked.  Many of my contacts received an e mail asking  for help.  When they replied they were asked to buy vouchers as I was unable to do so but I would repay them.  I changed the password on my account but all my incoming e mails are going to the bin.  Can you help me please.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

It's likely when your mailbox password has been compromised that an unauthorised auto forward or other filter rule has been set up to divert your mail messages. 

1. Scan your devices to remove any password loggers left by viruses, trojans or other malware
  2. Upgrade the password
  3. Check and remove all Rules

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.  Make sure the new password is unique to the mailbox and never before used. I recommend 12 - 15 characters. Must be multicase letters and include at least one number and one approved symbol.

Then prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the impacted email address, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Then select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings, or if using a mobile browser it's Menu then the cog icon for Settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know if you need further guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution