cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Mail plus help

nrushforth
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Hi

I recently left talktalk (13/11/2023) and still have access to all my email accounts through MyAccount / Webmail / and IMAP. 

Can you tell me at which point IMAP access will be removed?

If I still want IMAP access, am I correct in thinking that I need to sign up to Mail Plus?

Thanks

Neal. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Your account number doesn't link to a live TalkTalk account which is what I was expecting, but had hoped I was going to be wrong. I'm working on it with the team who can do something about it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

@Ady-TalkTalk have you managed to work out what is wrong?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

PM’d you the account number. 

thanks for your help with this. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

In that case PM me the account number it gave you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

I did exactly that on Tuesday night and have a mailplus account setup with my talktalk email address as it asks for your talktalk email address right at the start of signing up. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Just to be clear registering for MyAccount  and signing up for TalkTalk Mail Plus are not the same.  To sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus click on the link. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk , 

Sorry for not getting back sooner, however I lost access to myaccount and therefore community as well (hence why i am now nrushforth4). I created a new mailplus account last night, but it tells me its not mailplus as before. I can however see my own email is registered with it, but none of my others. (see attachment)

Do I just request a new mailplus account under a non talktalk email address, that I have not used anywhere in talk talk before (i.e. a brand new email account). Once that is done you will port over my 5 email addresses?

Hopefully I keep my access longer this time.

nrushforth4_0-1711024702713.png

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 26

Hi Neil, I've had a tete a tete with a colleague we've checked both MyAccount and the billing system repeatedly. Our system has no live mailplus account for you. 

We need you to sign up for TT MailPlus afresh. I'll move your mailboxes over once its done so don't worry about that. Use a new email address that you've not used for registering on MailPlus before. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

The problem is. They setup it up again on a dead account. There's no package showing for you on any systems. Are you being billed? I believe we need to deregister the account again and then have you order mailplus again. I know you can log into the dead MyAccount, but it bears no relation to a TalkTalk MailPlus account. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi

@Ady-TalkTalk 

I didnt signup for Mailplus again as I still have the mailplus account. All I asked was for the service advisor on online chat to fix my login issues. They just set up my email address to the account. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi, after the account with no package linked was deregistered did you sign up for Mail Plus again before registering again?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

@Ady-TalkTalk , its me again. Whatever they did resulted in my account getting messed up such that I could not login with my email address and needed to have it re-registered via online chat. It now means that my profiles in the community cannot be linked. (nrushforth and nrushforth2)

This is the second time this has happened, when all i want is for my MailPlus account to work correctly.

Are you able to find out what is going on, but please try to stop my account from becoming unregistered for a third time.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

I've raised a new escalation for your MyAccount issue as nothing came back from my enquiries. It should be dealt with in the next few hours. 

Ady

0 Likes

nrushforth2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk any update as my account still showing the following 

IMG_5085.png
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

I'm waiting to find out what is going to have to be done to fix it. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk 

Do you need to do anything else to fix the issue on my account stating no mail plus is active?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

I've added Samantha to the list not sure why I missed that. I was told that all the problems with MyAccount and MailPlus were all fixed. Clearly not. 

Ady

Message 18 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

I can see 4 of the email addresses but not the one that starts samantha. 

Are you able to add that one as well. 

thanks. 

p.s. it still states I do not have an active mail plus account. See attached 

IMG_4970.png
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi Neal, I've added the emails to the account as requested. Please let me know if there's anything else you need or if you have any problems. 

Ady

Message 20 of 26

@Ady-TalkTalk Happy New Year, thanks for getting back to me.

I have added the 5 email addresses into my private notes. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Neal.