cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Multiple TalkTalk email addresses

muggins14
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Around June 2023 I felt so overwhelmed with the spam going into my TalkTalk email address - from the cyber attack in 2015 onwards the address was never secure, and after I aged 60 last year and was advised of the Capita data breach of my information about 2 weeks after maturing into the pension! - I thought I'd create a new email address and start moving trusted contacts to there, but this facility was 'temporarily' unavailable due to 'backend maintenance work'.

Now my talktalk email address sits there filling up with spam from temu, fake screwfix, and verious other rubbish (over 60 this week).  I've stopped it appearing in my eM Client; I check it every few days on webmail just in case there's a lingering 'safe' account I neglected to move to a new email address.  Other than that, I don't use my talktalk email, it's too much of a mess.  Too compromised.

MY QUESTION is - how long is the 'temporary' maintenance on the create/delete mailbox functionality going to last?  It's been at least 7 months since I wanted a new email address and noticed the lack of this facility.  As can be seen from my screenshot today, it is still not available and surely it's one of the facilities people should have access to and for which they are paying?  Not many people these days want just 1 email address?  Are TalkTalk advising new customers that they won't be able to have more than 1 email address?

I'm spam free on the 3 gmail accounts I run (one for finances, one for me, one for my daughter) and wouldn't go back to a talktalk email address, but I imagine there are many others out there who would like - or need - to avail themselves of the ability to have more than one email address/mailbox.

Talktalk screenshot 2024-01-06 125138.png
Alison, expertise? none
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Your TalkTalk Mail address is known to spammers via multiple data breaches. One of the biggest was onliner spambot malware in 2017. You can see on the website https://haveibeenpwned.com which data breaches your email address has been involved in. Click the link, enter your email address and when the page turns red you'll see a listing. It may help you to identify other logins that may need the password changing.

We know that TalkTalk Mail addresses are being targeted by spammers and when they know your address the amount of spam is relentlessly increasing. My advice is to delete the email address to deny spammers a target. You have alternate email addresses and you say you don't actively use the TalkTalk address. Your security would be enhanced by deleting the address.

User deletion of mailbox email addresses is not currently possible but you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team. See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

As for creating a new TalkTalk Mail mailbox address we don't know when that will be available. New customers aren't offered any email address and TalkTalk reserve the option to charge for TalkTalk Mail in the future. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution