cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

My Mum's Account has been hacked

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 53

Hello,

I talked to your support last night for over an hour, but the problem still exists.

My mum is over 80 and her webmail account has been taken over.

See attached transcript docx

She is locked out and being threatened by a hacker.

I am trying to help her as she is partially sighted and I live over 300 miles away.

I thought we had stopped the attack by changing the recovery details. But they now seem to be back to the hackers details, a German outlook.de address?

There is no way off changing the recovery details back to her?

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

Hi Neil, thanks for your patience. I'm surprised the CEO agent didn't do this, but I'll request it now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 53

Hello, can someine in the support team @Chris-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk  please reopen and escalate my complaint number CMP-652863 to the executive complains manager as @Ady-TalkTalk is not responding to me.

The email is still not working as described below!

regards,

Neil.

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 53

@Ady-TalkTalk 

Hi Ady,

Please turn my mums inbox back on that you had suspended as the password has been changed and account details updated to mine.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<XXXXXXXX@talktalk.net>:
550: 5.1.1 woxorlyMhc9Uk Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

0 Likes

Message 4 of 53

@Gliwmaeden2 I wish I could just SPEAK to someone with the power to technically fix stuff rather than this convaluted way of getting no where fast and rule breaking!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 53

@Claptnei1, by putting that sort of information in Private Notes. 

What you did contravenes forum rules and runs the risk of that email address being harvested by scammers etc.

To find Private Notes, go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu: Personal Information. Private Notes is at the end of that area. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 53

@Gliwmaeden2  it was ann error message. How are we going to get it fixed, if you  cant see the details in the error message?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 53

@Claptnei1, it really is alarming seeing you posting that email address on the public forum. 

At all times, but particularly when you know there's been a hacking incident, you must NEVER POST PERSONAL INFORMATION DETAILS on the public thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 8 of 53

Hi Ady,

Please turn my mums inbox back on that you had suspended as the password has been changed and account details updated to mine.

<XXXXXXXX@talktalk.net>:
550: 5.1.1 woxorlyMhc9Uk Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 53
Your chat team we as helpful as a choclate teapot again, see chat:

Can you log in to her MyAccount online, Ann?
jay
 - Now
no its email only

Neil Clapton
 - 17:57
Your account has been blocked after multiple consecutive login attempts. We've sent you an email with instructions on how to unblock it.

I can see in the account that the registered email is not your email address and it's a different email, Ann.
Now
Never got the email because email isnt working!!!!
0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 53

😓

Hi Ady, Spoke too soon. The CEO team we able to change my recovery details and I reset the passowrd, and log into the webmail.

But now we are unable to send to my mums email address:-

obscured for customer security
550: 5.1.1 wlb6rBR0tLvhE Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

I can receive from it though?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 53

Hi Neil, I really do understand. Let me explain it this way, if I breach the data protection of your mums account. The company will be fined, I'll lose my job and possibly although unlikely go to jail. It's not a lack of understanding it's purely circumstances that have led to this. I've escalated the complaint to the CEO team so hopefully you will be contacted by a complaint manager to manage this for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 53

Hi Ady,

You dont understand how hard this is. She is 81, partially sighted and going deaf now. Her mobile is in the post as I had it sent to me. She only has a land line. And explaining this to her is really hard. We even found the old phone that has the recovery phone number listed, BUT it just receives blank txt messages without a code? This is costing us time and money sending phone back and forth over 300 mile to sort this out.

Neil.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 53

Hi Claptnei1, none of this is TalkTalk's fault. We've done everything we can to help without breaking the law. I know that seems to make life harder for you, but your frustration is at the hacker, the lack of security protection on your mum's phone and the GDPR rules that ensure we handle and process your mum's information correctly.  That said I dig some digging around as I didn't want to leave you stuck in a dead end. I discovered that our colleagues in the service management centre have recently had a change of policy in their processes and are now able to call the account holder for permission. Can your mum take a call and give your details as the nominated contact? If she can will you be able to receive a call? I should add I can't guarantee when these calls will be made as it has to go to the fault ticketing system to be processed. 

Ady

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 53

Raising a "Right to be forgotten" letter as you cant even do it online?

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 53

I have lost the will to Live! These hackers have ruined my life and my mums because we are forced to use technology that requires so complicated security that us old people just cant cope with remembering all these codes and passwords. ITS A JOKE! I HATE LIFE! YOU CANT EVEN SPEAK TO ANYONE ON THE PHONE as they say they cant hear me due to poor mobile reception.

DATA SECURITY MY *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*!

YOU LET MY MUM ACCOUNT GET HACKED< AND NOW YOU WONT LETS GET IT BACK AND CHANGE THE PASSWORD??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 53

THIS IS AN UTTER *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* SHOW FROM TALKTALK!

NO ONE CAN HELP ME OR MY MOTHER!

DELETE THE *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* EMAIL ADDRESS *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*!

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 53

I do really want to help you Neil but unfortunately, we can't access your mother's account because their no telephony password that is registered to your mother's account. We can only access the cx account if the cx is the one who contacted us.

?????????????????????????????????????????/

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 53

I tried ringing talktalk but they cant hear me as i have poor reception where i live and no landline to use! THIS ABSOLUTE MADNESS!

0 Likes

Claptnei1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 53

Its already been data breached by the hacker? How do get power attourny if I cant log in at set it up.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 53

I get that, but I can't breach Data Protection to reset the password. 

Ady

0 Likes