cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No Verification

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

My daughter has not been receiving emails on her email account, I am the account holder. We have checked and there are no email restrictions. The mails are not being redirected as Spam. No failure emails have been received either, which usually happens. It's mainly verification emails from Lobstr not coming through.  We have contacted them and they say it is a Talk Talk issue. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Its the automatic filters that will be blocking these mails. There is always a root cause. It could be that someone is spamming as them. Or spamming from their IP. 

I'll let you know when the admins let me know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

I don’t think that’s the problem though. Thursday everything was fine. Then Friday it looks like verification codes for a number of companies were suddenly being rejected by you, with a number of people having the same issue. Seems like the work being done on the weekend caused this issue. She is getting everything bar the verification code from lobstr so other  mails from them aren’t failing. Plus, She is not getting a failure notice or any emails going into SPAM. So where are the emails going? Whatever was done recently needs to be corrected. I feel sorry for elderly customers who can’t now get their shopping which they rely on.  I know you are doing your best but in the meantime there is no access for her and a number of people. It’s company suicide to suddenly stop people using certain companies websites and classing it as spam. But I don’t think as stated above that is the case. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Well as I said we'll have to see what our email admins say.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

I've spoken to Lobstr again and they say they don't send SPAM email, only verification codes and answers to customer queries. So they seem at a loss you would call their emails SPAM. They say though your stance regarding their emails has now meant that their complaints have risen. Which, ironically, will lead to you receiving more emails, which you won't deliver as you class it as spam. 

0 Likes

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Will wait, but it just seems strange this has only happened in the last few days. She has never had a problem receiving it before. So no reason why this should have changed. She is one of a number who seem to be having this problem, all of whom use Lobstr as part of a much wider humanitarian effort. So if this can't be rectified then this will have to be passed on as part of a much larger complaint. I thank you for your help though. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

As I say I've asked the question. If they're sending 800 spam out of 2000 mails they're not going to be sending any mail soon. Let's wait until I get a reply before we write this off though. 

Ady

0 Likes

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

Sorry but this leaves her with nothing. She has to get the verification to get into the account to change the email.  If this has now gone forever, which wasn't a problem until last Friday, then she has now lost her whole account. She just needs one verification to amend. Please advise or we may have to ask for compensation for the loss. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Pablo18, we've accepted over 1200 mails from that domain since the start of April, we've also rejected over 800 mails. This will make it very difficult to get the mail filters changed for that domain. I'll ask if we can review the filters, but I'm not holding out much hope. 

Ady

0 Likes

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

The address is lobstr.co. One from them confirming receipt of our query which was received was ultrastellar@lobstr.co. So looks like it's just email containing verification? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Ok let me have the sending address and I'll run a scan on it. 

Ady

0 Likes

Pablo18
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Yes, she checked and she is receiving emails from other people now. Still none from Lobstr though. The verifications are coming through fine as well on G Mail. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Pablo18, is she receiving mails from anyone? 

Ady

0 Likes