cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Non delivery and receipt of emil from one specific address

imfedup
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Communication to and from my tiscali address to my daughter who is on Yahoo email in the USA has ceased in the last two weeks! My wife who uses the same account with different address has the same problem.

Contact via Hotmail to Yahoo works and none of our other contacts appear to be having problems emailing us, so we believe the problem lies at this (The Tiscali) end. 

Help in trying to solve this problem would be appreciated

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 11

I've run more 7 day scans on your email address and your daughters sending email and there is nothing showing specific blocks for those addresses. As Yahoo.com is such a widely used domain there's no chance I'll be able to get them all accepted. The filters are there to protect the customer base and our mail reputation. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

Why are my Daughters email being rejected, emails from her are being received by other family members, and she is not getting notification of non delivery to either my or my wifes addresses! I have carried out all the checks suggested by Gondola, and rechecked them, there must be a solution as we have been using this means of contact regularly for over twenty years !

Message 3 of 11

Hi imfedup, we have received absolutely loads of mails from that domain and we've rejected or deferred many more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 11

I've asked TalkTalk Support to check next week for recent mail from Yahoo.com to see if any has been rejected that should have arrived at your mailbox. A support member, probably Ady-TalkTalk, will respond here.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Have just spoken to my Daughter, we sent her an  email which she received, she tried to send a reply using the reply button and also a new message to my email. Both went into her sent file, neither bounced back and neither arrived here!

Its a puzzlement!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks for the good news that Yahoo Mail (US) is delivering TalkTalk Mail.

When your daughter sends mail to you does that result in a bounceback error message to her? i.e. Yahoo says it cannot send the message or TalkTalk Mail is rejecting her emails? Or does the mail get placed in her Sent folder so if there's no bounceback error she assumes the mail should be delivered?

0 Likes

imfedup
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Have checked and updated all points raised in your reply.

There are no rules defined, and my daughters email is now accepting emails from us, so one way is working!

Many thanks for your help

Message 8 of 11

Thanks for checking. Gmail is dumping a lot of mail into spam folders so I thought the same may be happening at Yahoo.

Both Yahoo Mail and Gmail have new anti-spam policies and although TalkTalk Mail admins have blocked mail accounts that were being used to send spam it's possible that Yahoo is blocking some IP addresses.

I've tested sending from TalkTalk Mail to Yahoo Mail UK and that's working as expected. TalkTalk Mail webmail is sending fully authenticated mail and that's being received by Yahoo Mail and the mail headers confirm full authentication and no spam.

Your daughter should be able to send mail to you so do check that your TalkTalk Mail mailbox does not have any Rules diverting your messages.

First for TalkTalk Support next week include in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number.
    Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) yours and for your daughter, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for response Gondola, we had all checked our spam accounts to no avail.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

If you don't receive a bounceback delivery fail notification then the messages could be sitting in the recipient's Spam folder. Has your daughter checked the Yahoo Mail spam folder?

0 Likes