cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not always receiving emails from a specific sender.

TheOriginalCatwoman
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hello - can you please help me resolve this problem?  The problem is intermittent, but I have twice had to call the  customer helpline  and get them to send me a confirmation email for an order as it did not come through straight away.  I checked the spam folder as they advised and it did not go there, also trash folder was checked.

I am using my legacy Homecall email for this, as I joined back when the firm was Pipex Homecall.  This is the email I mainly use, and I do not want to have to change this please if it can be avoided.  I got the new upgrade to the email and apart from this everything has been fine.  No problems with other senders, and have used this email to shop with 2 other supermarkets in the past.

I have not set up any filter rules. 

Same problem with an order placed today. They sent confirmation twice and it only came through about 45 minutes ago.  No problems with other senders.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi TheOriginalCatwoman, please add the sending and receiving addresses to private notes in your community profile. I can then run a 7 day check to see if we've blocked it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for looking at this Gondola.  I have not asked customer services if they have had problems with other Talk Talk customer emails either current or legacy.  It has only started this week.

I have emailed customer services and asked them to escalate it to their IT department.  Rather annoying as this is my generally used email and other users do not seem to have a problem.

I also have a Gmail address which I rarely use.  If necessary I could use this, but it would mean making a whole new account unfortunately looking at the originator's faqs.   If the problem persists I will have to do this as a very last resort, or pick another vendor to shop with.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi TheOriginalCatwoman 

I've had a look at the PM and replied in detail. In summary, there is indeed a valid SPF file associated with that email service. There shouldn't be an issue with spam as long as other TalkTalk customers aren't marking the mail as spam instead of unsubscribing.  There are likely to be a lot of TalkTalk customers that do receive the same mail but no indication so far as I'm aware that others are seeing delays.

No listing by the usual blacklists so TalkTalk would not be holding up mail for scanning because of that reason. There is a minor issue I've found with the setup of the email domain but I don't think this should have any impact on receiving mail in a timely manner.

If your homecall email is not an alias address then I don't see an obvious reason for delays in receiving the mail. I can only assume that delays are due to a detection of possible spam-like content and therefore sending the mail for scanning as a precaution.

In your communication with the originator's customer service department are they aware of other TalkTalk Mail recipients having issues? e.g talktalk.net or the legacy addresses tiscali.co.uk, lineone.net, dsl.pipex.com or homecall.co.uk?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

TheOriginalCatwoman
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your reply Gondola.  As I stated I joined the company back when it was Pipex Homecall.  I think my Homecall email is the original one set up with them, but it now says it is a legacy address.  I have used this for most stuff and the talktalk.net address  is my billing one.

Let me check my email as suggested and send that via Private Message to see if you can see any problem with this.  It is rather intermittent.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi @TheOriginalCatwoman 

There are two possible reasons for delayed delivery of your homecall mail messages.

• The sending email address is not fully authenticated and therefore TalkTalk are scanning some mail messages as a check for spam
    The scanning process will delay delivery
  • Your homecall email address is an alias address to the master homecall address that you were originally given by homecall
    Alias address mail is received by TalkTalk and goes via a rewrite server to forward the incoming mail to the master homecall mailbox
    The rewrite server path can delay delivery as it's an extra hop in the route to your mailbox Inbox

I can check the mail for authentication but I'd need the email address that's listed at the Return-Path: address in the email header. If you select one of the emails in question, in the email detail view select the triple horizontal dots icon, select the bottom menu item View Source and look for the Return-Path: line that will have an email address enclosed within chevron brackets. Private Message that to me and I'll check it out for you.

Do you know if the email address you're using is an Homecall alias address?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes