cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving emails from some domains

SingingCM
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi

I am consistently not receiving emails from some specific and legitimate domains.  Other recipients on the (small) group email do successfully receive it.  The missing emails are never in my Spam folder and I do not have any rules or auto-forward settings set up.  I cannot see any settings to add the problem domains to a safe senders list, please can someone tell me how to ensure I receive emails from the domains I am having trouble with.  The domains are:

iona.org.uk

eventbrite.co.uk

transport.gov.scot

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

iona.org.uk is currently listed on 3 blacklists. A pretty good indication that undesirable content has been sent from that domain.  TalkTalk are very likely to reject mail.

As for the other two there's no obvious reason for mail not to be received.  Even mail forwarded by a third party service is likely to be received because the sending policy allows any mail sender to handle the messages. But do please confirm that all mail from these 3 domains is being sent directly to your TalkTalk Mail address and not auto forwarded by another mail service provider. 

TalkTalk do not operate a whitelist or safe senders list.

Have you checked with the originators of the mail to determine if they had a bounceback error for a failed delivery? If so, what the description is in that bounceback message and the accompanying TT three digit error code if the bounceback came from TalkTalk. With that description and code I can get a good indication of the reason for the non-delivery.

Have you asked the originators to check that your email address has not been placed on a suppression list? If there is a consistent fail in delivery after retries then many bulk mail services will auto-add your email address to a suppression list and no more mail will get sent.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution