cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

One email address not syncing read emails

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have five @talktalk emails at the moment, four of them are behaving as required but one is not, and as far as I can see all of them have the same set up details regarding IMAP

I am using Thunderbird as an email client and four are syncing correctly with my PC, Android phone, and iPad, one of them is downloading and sending emails correctly, but any read emails on the iPad are not showing up as read on the other devices, even webmail is not showing them as read when they have been read on the iPad.

This is probably going to end up as an iPad problem, seeing as the one with the problem is my wife's iPad 

Bit loathe to type the actual email address here.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Perfect result.

I appreciate your time to let us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Decided to just remove and set up the email account afresh as per you second suggestion, and it worked.

Thank you for that, nice not for her to have over 200 unread emails on her other devices...

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi Qwghlm 

I would say you have the diagnosis spot on.

With glitches like this the fix is to power down and power up the iPad device and if that does not restore expected functionality for the IMAP account then remove the email account from the iPad and set it up afresh.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution