cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Outgoing messages not being received

norah_anderson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

For weeks now, my Tiscali outgoing messages are not being received or are ending up in the recipient's Spam box.  Mostly they are not being received.  What is going on. I am in the London area and my emails are essential to me.

14 REPLIES 14

norah_anderson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 15

I don't like your tone. Are you directly employed by Talk Talk or just a member of the community?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

OK, so exactly as I said to you over an hour ago, before you told me I was being ridiculous and nit-picking, the temporary issue of incoming tiscali mail messages that I believe were blocked on the network and therefore not being received at TalkTalk mailboxes was resolved by TalkTalk. 

So what about Talk21 that you also asked about?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

norah_anderson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

Yes those emails and others I send appear in the Sent box, the trouble is they don't appear in the Inbox of the people I write to.

Anyhow, just tested the email and it would appear it has gone through.  For now, no doubt.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

So you send tiscali emails to your husband that has a TalkTalk email address. Those emails are sent. You see them in your Sent folder don't you?

There was an issue resolved for incoming mail from tiscali addresses. Have you retested today? What's the result?

0 Likes

norah_anderson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

I said "my emails are not being received".  As I thought it was perfectly clear I have been discussing a problem with outgoing emails i did not think it was essential to say "my OUTGOING emails are not being received".  Let's not nitpick here. My emails are still not being received.  I just wrote to my husband who has a Talk Talk address, that hasn't arrived.  There IS a problem with outgoing mails being received and that is what I expect Talk Talk to fix.  I pay for a service and I am not receiving that service.  Will Talk Talk give me a rebate on my next bill to compensate?  I don't think so, somehow. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

@norah_anderson wrote: Dear Gondola, It is ridiculous to say that there is no known problem with Talk Talk outgoing mail since I and others are telling you that there is. My emails are not being received and it is causing problems.  This must be sorted pronto.  Is there a connection to when the Mail page was "updated"?

You've just confirmed that you are reporting a problem with receiving mail NOT with sending mail. Issues with other mail services receiving mail are not under the control of TalkTalk. There is no connection to any update of the TalkTalk 'Mail' page.

You've mentioned Talk21 which is a BT Group email domain. Does that mean your tiscali mail message sent fully authenticated by the TalkTalk mail servers is being rejected by BT Mail's Vade Secure spam protection service?

There are new anti-spam policies in place for some mail services. TalkTalk has no control of these policies or the fact that mail services can reject or quarantine mail sent to them.

You may say it's ridiculous of me to ask but what exactly do you expect TalkTalk to sort?

0 Likes

norah_anderson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

Dear Gondola

It is ridiculous to say that there is no known problem with Talk Talk outgoing mail since I and others are telling you that there is. My emails are not being received and it is causing problems.  This must be sorted pronto.  Is there a connection to when the Mail page was "updated"?

0 Likes

theid
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Just checked and the system is now working!    HOORAH.......

theid
0 Likes

oxfordguy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

me too, even the outlook test message does not appear after pressing test account. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi norah_anderson 

There's no known issue with outgoing mail from TalkTalk.

The network block on tiscali mail incoming to TalkTalk has been resolved as two other members have reported to us this morning.

The issue with new incoming mail notifications has been alerted to the TalkTalk email admins.

theid
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

The original poster says "Even test messages I send to myself are not getting through" - so nothing to do with other service providers since this is a talktalk customer sending to their other talktalk email account.    I have the same problem - except messages aren't EVEN going into the Spam folder, they just disappear into the ether - which, apparently, does not rate as a high priority for talktalk so it's anybody's guess if the problem will ever be addressed, let alone solved.

theid

norah_anderson
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15
  1. How can I tell my recipients about moving me from their spam box into their inbox if my emails are not  getting through?
  2. Talk Talk, Talk21 are my main recipients.
  3. There are no bounceback error messages.
  4. Even test messages I send to myself are not getting through
  5. These problems have arisen since the mail page was "updated". I notice also that when I am working on a different page, I no longer get a "flashing" on my mail page tab to indicate I have mail.
  6. It would appear there are others experiencing these problems so obviously there is something wrong with the outgoing mail service.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

If you know your emails are in recipient's Spam folders and if these recipients use Gmail addresses and have told you, which is how you know, you then ask them to select your emails from the Spam folder and then select the Report as not spam button. This will tell Gmail not to dump your mail messages into their Spam folder but to deliver your future messages into the Inbox where all fully authenticated mail should be delivered. TalkTalk Mail is sent with full authentication.

Which mail services are not accepting delivery of your emails and do you get any bounceback error message as a Delivery Notification Fail?

Tisccom
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I am experiencing the same problem!