cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Output server fault

HornPlayer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I have been unable to send emails for two days (I can receive them). I get the error message An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: X252rBh96RZ2i Too Many Recipients (TT502)

My outgoing server is smtp.talktalk.net

Can you please correct this fault?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 5

Hello HornPlayer (Newbie).

Suggests that either someone unauthorised is using your mailbox or that your mail sending has been rate limited by the spam protection process. Were any messages bounced back as undeliverable?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Select the cog icon (desktop browser) then the All settings menu item and Security. Inspect Your devices to see what's signed in to your mailbox. Sign out all devices.

Upgrade the password to lock out all devices apart from the one device that you'll connect to your mailbox via your home broadband connection. Don't use a non-UK host VPN connection that may either be a standalone VPN or bundled with Internet security software.

Just using the one device and waiting 24 hours from the fail to send time will see your mail sending restored to normal.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

HornPlayer
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hello Gondola (Community Star), thanks for your encouraging reply (The stop on sending is temporary and you'll have the full sending allowance automatically returned in 24 hours or so.)

You asked how many people I've been emailing per day: I successfully sent 9 emails  on 4/2 all to single addresses, 4 emails on 3/2 and 5 emails on 2/2, all to individuals. The attempted email that appeared to overload the server was to three people on 4/2.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The stop on sending is temporary and you'll have the full sending allowance automatically returned in 24 hours or so.

Your mailbox has triggered a stop on sending because the mailbox has sent to more than the permitted recipients per day. In normal usage this is hundreds of recipients each day. But there are certain things that can set a lower than normal limit and hence the stop on sending can be triggered earlier than normal.

Let us know how many recipients you estimate in the last day. One mail message to 30 recipients is 30. Ten more mail messages to the same 30 recipients is 330 for example. If you are using a VPN connection and that has a host server that's overseas or spam has been detected as being sent by other shared users or if other suspicious activity has been detected then your mailbox sending limit may have been flexed to a lower setting by the spam protection process and therefore a lower than usual rate limit will have been triggered. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes