cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Penalised for sending x10 emails today.

ltk007
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I sent 10 emails today and hours later attempted to send another one only to be informed that I have exceeded the email limit and to try again later.

Will be looking at a new ISP as this is beyond a joke. TT increase costs and limit services!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Your sending of TalkTalk Mail messages has clearly been rate limited for a reason. The normal sending allowance for home email services runs into hundreds of mail messages a day so long as those messages are across the day and not in one go.

So, what's the reason? Is someone else using up your sending allowance? Are you using a VPN that has a host server overseas? Could you have multiple devices signed in to your mailbox from different locations or via different networks?  Have you sent to mailboxes that are rejecting your messages? Something has caused the spam protection process to be triggered to rate limit your sending.

What stop on sending message did you see? A TT501 or TT502 message?

If TT501 then that's a temporary stop on sending for an hour. After an hour your sending will be automatically enabled. Depending on what triggered the spam protection you may not get the full allowance restored for 24 hours.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution