cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Problem - My emails are suddenly not being delivered to any gmail address

Island168
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

My emails are suddenly not being delivered to any gmail address

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Island168
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Thanks Gondola.   I can send tiscali emails ok to myself on the PC and they arrive normally.  My tiscali emails sent to any address other than gmail seem to work normally.   It looks as though others are having similar problems with gmail though it is a puzzle that the messages from the PC don't end up in the Junk folders but just disappear.   Thanks for your help but it looks like it is a gmail spam filter issue.

Message 2 of 8

Windows 7 is deprecated and past end of life but I doubt that's the root cause of webmail not sending out your mail messages. There are no server settings for webmail just the email address and password to sign in.  The browser must be as up to date as possible but some browsers are no longer supported on Windows 7.

So first we need to test sending and email to yourself via self-send after signing in to webmail.

For TalkTalk Support include in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number.
    Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Island168
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Johnian - sorry you have a similar problem

Gondola - Both devices are through the same home broadband.  The PC uses Windows 7 and I use the talktalk webmail for my tiscali emails.  Not sure how to find server settings for webmail.   Thanks for your help with this problem.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@Island168 wrote:...Emails from my Mac to a gmail address go to their spam folder.
Emails from my PC to a gmail address just disappear and are not in the recipient's spam folder.  I use a Tiscali email.  Any further thoughts on this?

I'll assume both devices are connected via your home broadband connection and neither are using a VPN service either standalone, via a work from home VPN connection or VPN as part of an Internet security product?

The MAC Mail appears to be working as expected under the current Gmail policy of dumping everything into Spam regardless of whether the mail is fully authenticated, as TalkTalk Mail is, or whether the mail is spam or genuine.

So, concentrate on the PC issue only here. What PC type and Operating System is in use and what is the email software version?

What are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings in use?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

I'm having the  same problem, though I don't know for sure that it's only gmail addresses affected - there was also one  non-gmail that I know of. In some cases the email has gone to a spam/junk folder, in others it just disappeared. I also have a tiscali address and send emails using Outlook on a desktop PC. If I use my gmail address it works Ok.

0 Likes

Island168
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thank you Gondola.  Emails from my Mac to a gmail address go to their spam folder. Emails from my PC to a gmail address just disappear and are not in the recipient's spam folder.  I use a Tiscali email.  Any further thoughts on this?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you're not receiving an NDN (Non Delivery Notification) back from Gmail then the messages are probably being delivered and dumped by Gmail into the recipient's Spam folder.

What makes you think the messages aren't delivered? Are you in contact with the recipients and they've told you?  If so then ask them to look in the Spam folder, select your messages, mark as Not Spam and that will do 2 things. It'll move the messages back to the Inbox where the fully authenticated mail from TalkTalk should have been delivered in the first place and it will tell Gmail not to put further messages from you into Spam without checking if it's spam or genuine.

0 Likes