cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Reactivating/forwarding emails

coles461
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

So bit of a weird one here, my father had a Tiscali email account which he used for his Kickstarter account, we backed a projected together as a birthday & Christmas gift for me however two years into production (2020) he passed away and now they are in the shipping & fulfilment stage of the project, obviously with his passing our family closed all of his account for everything as you're meant to but unfortunately I can get Kickstarter or the company behind the project to change anything over to myself or even just send me the emails they would send him so they recommended that I inquire about getting his account reactivated for the time being or if the email provider would be able to forward any email that he would receive from them to my primary email? I would have tried to send them a direct support ticket but I spent 20 minutes trying to find where to do that. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Condolences for the loss of your father. Always a difficult time.

Regrettably UK Data Protection does not allow an email account to be transferred to anyone else after the owner's passing. Not even the Executor of the estate has any right to see the email account.

You can check this with the ICO, the Information Commissioner's Office.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution