email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Password for legacy f2s email account.

couchpotato4
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hi there,

Please could you advise how I reset the password of my legacy F2S email account as the password has been compamised. I am receiving the frequently common threatening email. 

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know. I'm very pleased to hear they were able to help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk  talk talk business team are awesome and helped me out! 😁

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

I've got a phone number for you to call its TalkTalk Business support on 0800 083 3003. 

I'm told they can change the password for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 11

Any update on this please?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

I was surprised when I was told it wasn't us who would control the password on these accounts. The information came from the head of Email amongst other products, so wasn't about to question him. I've passed this back and will let you know once I've had a reply. 

Message 6 of 11

Hi @couchpotato4

I'm sure that your legacy personal data will be held by TalkTalk Business (TTB) as they're still responsible for the front-end operation. 

I had expected Ady to be able to liaise with the TTB colleagues for verification and authorisation of the password change so my apologies that it's in hiatus for the time being.

I would have suggested going direct to TTB but I have seen legacy customers turned away because TTB first-line support naturally concentrate on current business customers.  I didn't want you to get a rejection there and feel you had nowhere left to turn to.  I'm sincerely hoping Ady will be able to liaise with TTB for you. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 11
Hi @Ady-TalkTalk,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. But unfortunately the very good email company have stated the following:
"We do host the back end mailboxes - but cannot make any changes/provide support as this would breach contractual obligations and data protection."

They have said I need to request help from TalkTalk. Please could you ask again? I really need to either close the account or change the passwords?

Thanks very much
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi couchpotato4, well you learn something new everyday. Today I learned that we don't have the access to the F2S mail domain to change the password for you. Apparently, when we bought Pipex we got a whole bunch of domains in the deal and F2S was one of them, but we don't own the domain in the way we do the others. You need to contact The Very Good Email Company to get your password reset for an F2S mailbox. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11
Thanks Gondola - hopefully OCE_Ady can authorise this soon!
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @couchpotato4

The blackmail emails are a global scam that for the vast majority of email users simply spoof the user's email address as the sender and make fake claims including that your account has been hacked.  But if your password is weak or has been compromised then getting a nw ultra-strong password is a good idea.

f2s email accounts come under the umbrella of TalkTalk Business (TTB). On the basis that you're a legacy residential customer I'm thinking that if you provide proof here that you're the registered user of the email then OCE_Ady who is the email expert can authorise a password change with his TTB colleagues.

So, to prove you're the registered user of the email what you do is double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the f2s email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the f2s email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when available in person to receive the password and speak to the business email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and they don't accept call backs)
  • Save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team will verify with TTB the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution