cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spoofed email address

Sue201
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I have received two spoofing emails from "myself".  They match the ones that are already on your forum.  I spoke to someone at Talktalk and they were not very helpful.  She did say that she didn't think my account had been hacked.  However, my sent emails on my phone have a red circle next to them saying they have all been blocked.  I didnt block them.   I cant see that they are blocked on the actual talktalk webmail site though.  Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

What I've seen so far is a new wave of spam from Canada that spoofs the recipient's email address. Your TalkTalk Mail address has got into the hands of spammers so inevitably a whole range of techniques are used, including spoofing, to get their spam into your mailbox. Details below for Compromised versus Spoofed email accounts.  Please report to TalkTalk Security by forwarding to phishing@talktalk.co.uk

Good to know that your webmail access is working ok for send and receive. If you don't see any suspicious activity in your Sent folder or Trash folder then your mailbox is probably secure. If in doubt or if your password is weak or unchanged for a long time then it's best to upgrade the password.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Phishing emails & everything you need to know

Compromised or spoofed accounts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution