cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Suspicious Email from Talk Talk

stephen54
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

This morning I received an email purporting to be from TalkTalk regarding new changes to the webmail site (which made me suspicious as emails regarding this had been sent some time ago).

It talks about modifications that are being made to webmail and asks me to click on a link to "Refresh" my account and this must be done before October 10th.

The email comes from a talktalk.net email address.

Using the Source  Viewer it seems fine until you see the link takes you to a weird website.

Not knowing if this email is genuine I have reported it to the TalkTalk phishing team and also blocked emails from the full email address.

Has anyone else had this email or can anyone confirm whether it is genuine or not.

Steve
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks @Gondola .

You just confirmed my suspicions.

Steve

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

It's a scam phishing attempt.

If scammers know your email address then you're going to be targeted.  Keep your device security up to date and regularly scan for viruses, trojans and other malware.

TalkTalk do not use any tiscali.co.uk or talktalk.net email addresses for communications nor do they ever ask you to click links to 'Activate', 'Refresh', or 'Update' your account. 

The latest phishing examples are shown below:

TalkTalk Mail help

Help with Phishing emails

Report a phishing or spam email

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution