cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT602 rubbish

gazzawazza
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

i've just discovered that a work email i sent this afternoon has not been delivered (which is important because it's to do with being granted access and visibility to various sports teams i coach, in our club management app i.e. talktalk is directly interfering with my ability to work).

" Server error: '453 4.1.1 g3fZqjrxVhpMJ Too many messages (TT602)' "

I've counted the number of emails and recipients i've sent to in the last 24 hours.

11 recipients total

11 emails total

Yes that's the outrageous volume of 1 recipient per email (not an average but factual statement)

This can't by any stretch of the imagination be considered overuse.

This is also therefore an unjustified interruption to a paid service, which is unacceptable.

I'm using outlook 2021 as my main client and have been since June (POP)

I use K9 for android (IMAP) most frequently to check my emails but i pretty much only ever send from my outlook client on my PC.

I've checked webmail and the only active connection is my current webmail window

gazzawazza_0-1694540292145.png

Is this a 24 hour suspension then?

Given it looks like one is capped at 10 recipients and/or emails in a 24 hours period - and i sent an 11th email - how can talktalk honestly justify this?

Gary

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Gary, its almost impossible for me to get that information for 1 offs I'm afraid. 

Ady

fair enough. Sorry for the slow reply.

However, it's happened again.

"Too many messages (TT602)"

8 emails (TOTAL), 11 recipients (TOTAL) since 00.09 today (call it 7 and 10, because the final email was blocked by you).

Even counting back 24 hrs from now (18.52), it was only 9 emails total and 12 recipients total.

This is just ridiculous.

I cannot see how this volume justifies suspension.

9 emails in a rolling 24 hour period, to a total of 12 recipients combined.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Gary, its almost impossible for me to get that information for 1 offs I'm afraid. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 7

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

The sending issue would still apply if it is a legit volume block. Remember, there are blocks per hour and per 24 hours.

Ady

thanks @Ady-TalkTalk 

haven't tested but have assumed things are ok now (been 48 hrs).

Btw, users have to assume the worst, because if it's 24hrs but someone hopes or thinks it's a 1 hr suspension, then you've just lost an hour.

couple of questions:

1. i assumed TT602 was 24 hrs and TT601 is 1 hr - correct?

i think that was the rule for TT502 and 501

2. what reasons could there be for TT602?

3. can you find out why i got TT602, if it wasn't for too many messages?

thanks,

Gary

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

The sending issue would still apply if it is a legit volume block. Remember, there are blocks per hour and per 24 hours.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 7

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Gary, do you still get the same message if you send it via webmail?

Ady

thank you for picking this up @Ady-TalkTalk 

i haven't dared try. My understanding is that it's a 24 hr suspension and i just can't afford for it to be extended.

Does the TT602 restriction NOT apply if using webmail?

This is honestly such a poor user experience.

I would like to list why:

- my usage cannot be considered extreme (i sent 11 emails to 1 recipient each and got the TT602 declination, so presumably the cap is 10 email and/or recipients in a 24 hrs period, which is trivial)

- when one wishes or needs to send an email, one should be able to (within limits of course but i'm not an e-marketeer, for example)

- email needs to be reliable - if one is having to count the number of recipients or emails in a 24 hr period and then live with a service where you are unsure whether sending is going to be restricted or not, this cannot be considered a good end-user experience

- this is a paid for service, which makes these interruptions and uncertainty about core service functionality even more of a bitter pill

- i do not feel there are any like the send caps with other providers (however, talktalk have me over a barrel regarding my legacy mailbox)

if i had an alternative method of running this mailbox, i would leave immediately.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Gary, do you still get the same message if you send it via webmail?

Ady